sound set up

porkie

ive just read a post where the sound chip carries back on where it left off after a short or stall.

Which made me think. Is it possible to make the engine sound fade in and out when the loco run on and off scene to the fiddle yard when you press funtion 1 ?

Porkie

Depends on chip, but assuming you mean a LokSound, then yes.

Look up "mute" in the LokSound manual and map it to a function key of choice.

The mute function doesn't really "fade", its just four descrete levels of volume, including "off".

Again with LokSound's, in most projects if you turn the sound on/off when the loco is running, then it doesn't do the startup/shuntdown sequence.

• RMweb Premium

Using F1 on a Loksound (assuming the usual setup that F1 is the sound on/off in the UK) will simply turn the sound off without any fade. Useful for fiddle yards, as you can get the train going again, without waiting for any brakes/revs delay etc., then flick F1 back on again before the loco appears back on scene.

I think the Zimo decoders (and Loksound XL) have the capability for external inputs, which I would guess can be programmed to turn the sound on/off by remote/automatic methods, such as a magnet and reed switch.

Cheers,

Mick

Archived