Modelzone edition of NCB pannier 7754

Sir Hadyn

Well, just as I had plans to repaint a Bachmann 57xx pannier into NCB livery as 7754, out comes this limited edition of 504 of the aforesaid engine, long time veteran of Talywain and Mountain Ash NCB systems and now preserved on the Llangollen Railway. Popping into Modelzone in Newcastle this afternoon I happened to notice the loco in the cabinet and had an accident with our emergency credit card... :O

Sold from BR service into industry as were several classmates, 7754 became something of a celebrity on the NCB Mountain Ash network until it blew a cylinder cover in the mid 1970s and was not repaired. Painted in NCB green with "7754" on the tank side, it carried its smokebox numberplate to the last - a fact reflected on the model. It had lost its cabside numberplates in industrial service, though the model carries them. However, being printed on, it will be easy to paint over them (yes, I want it for running, not for collectability).

It also carries quite effective subtle weathering like the other limited edition pannier in Stephenson Clarke livery, though I will enhance the filth on the tank and boiler tops. The frames, wheels and once red rods are also nicely convincing.

Not had chance to run it yet, but it looks a nice addition to my growing industrial stud - and has awakened the layout planning part of my brain again. The model seems to be going well in the shops, the chap in Newcastle noted it had been going better than the newly arrived A2...

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll have a crack at posting a picture or two.

Cheers

Anthony

Hi

Apologies if this is the incorrect place to ask the question, but I am considering purchasing a model of 7754 but have now noticed that both modelzone and thesignalbox have these in stock, are they both selling the same model or are there differences??

I can't tell from looking at the pictures on the websites and I did type 7754 into the rmweb search facility but it didn't bring back anything apart from this thread.

SirHayden Looks a nice model from your pictures.

Cheers

Tash,

Hi Tashman,

Modelzone and Signal Box are very closely linked. I don't know the exact details but in essence they appear to be merged companies... though happy to be corrected. As a result, Signal Box sell Modelzone commissions and sometimes the other way around too - e.g. Signal Box's NSE coaches (BG & GUV) have appeared in Modelzone stores.

So, the NCB pannier to which you refer is actually one of the same, sold through either store.

Have a great Christmas and good luck with purchasing one!!

Cheers,

Ixion.

• 2 weeks later...

I just happened to check the MZ website and the 3 NCB wagons to go with 7754 are in stock. Those of us who reserved them in store should get phone calls soon. ;)

Details are here: http://www.modelzone...16t-wagons.html

These have only just come into stock on the website, not all stores have got them yet but should have them hopefully next week :)

I've added a 360 degree view of the NCB, click and drag the mouse across the image below- there's some excellent detail on this model.

http://static.modelzone.co.uk/media/flash/BC32-210Y.swf

Tricky-CRS - I'll try to keep you guys up to date with what is coming into stock as new ltd editions arrive into our warehouse.

Stubby47 - We have a lightbox with a turntable, both the camera and turntable are controlled via USB. I set the amount of photos I want to take and then the PC rotates the turntable the required amount and takes an image of each angle, make life much easier :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived