Burnage Park

tpxpress

Not yet made, but so close!

Burnage Park is a fictional area in Manchester, with a short Branchline between Kettlebridge Road and Longsight Way. It will be made of 3 shoeboxes, and two Shoebox lids. The plans were announced last night

Anyway, today has been Planning and Naming. 3 shoeboxes have been found. 'Not enough' I thought, but saw that only two of them actually had a lid...So... 2.png ;)

Construction should be starting tomorrow with me now on Xmas holidays! Need a trip to Rails of Sheffield though for a Transformer, controller and more track...Still! It'll be fun

Ejected Shoes-Nah, Not really! Just old shoeboxes. Track is OO (So it is compatible with my other layout, Ramsgate) and they're just normal shoeboxes and lids

Right, work has started (Planning inside boxes and cutting out, but we are short of track :'(

Controller wise, I just found an old Bachmann one...Hmmm...

Otherwise, it is a single Track Branchline, operated by one of two class 153 units (The other'll proberly be on Ramsgate) with trees and bushes either side i'll need to get a Trackplan up

• RMweb Gold

Ah, that'll be Man Utd player territory then, somewhere like Prestbury, all Chelsea Tractors and fur coats...:D

Still looking forward to how you to do this; once those shoe box sides are cut how will you keep the rigidity ? I've found with boxfiles they get floopy enough to make the track alignment tricky.

Stu

Mmm, a shoebox. Boxfile variations. You'll have to rename it with a pun on feet or shoes or something - it's the law. Will there be room for a Sole ballast wagon, or is that the wrong era?

Seriously, are you worried about rigidity? Perhaps I only buy cheap shoes, but the cardboard doesn't seem very strong.

Edit: What he said^^^ Must have been writing at the same time.

Mmm, a shoebox. Boxfile variations. You'll have to rename it with a pun on feet or shoes or something - it's the law. Will there be room for a Sole ballast wagon, or is that the wrong era?

Seriously, are you worried about rigidity? Perhaps I only buy cheap shoes, but the cardboard doesn't seem very strong.

Edit: What he said^^^ Must have been writing at the same time.

Na he is going to cheat and put a plywood bottom and sides round them :)

• 4 months later...

Archived