If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hi Everyone

Three Cocks Junction

Hi everyone.

I am a cheque-book and armchair modeller. Main area of modelling interest BR/LMR/Standard Steam, 1948-1968, area roughly North-West England. I try to create plausible train formations from available RTR, then dream up endless layouts to put them on. When I prune the scheme to what I can actually have, I lose interest. Then back in the armchair for the next pipedream.

• RMweb Premium

Welcome aboard - after you've seen some of the work on here, you'll be inspired to get cracking on something, and you'll also get all the help you need just for the searching (or if that fails, the asking). There's some very good steam era layouts on here, and although some are not your region, they will give you lots to think about - - check out Ben Alder's blog and thread on Kylesku/The Mound for one, and Jamie's Culreoch for another.

Regards

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

Welcome aboard - after you've seen some of the work on here, you'll be inspired to get cracking on something, and you'll also get all the help you need just for the searching (or if that fails, the asking). There's some very good steam era layouts on here, and although some are not your region, they will give you lots to think about - - check out Ben Alder's blog and thread on Kylesku/The Mound for one, and Jamie's Culreoch for another.

Regards

Stewart

I'll second Stewart's nominations, and add Torrington and Penhayle Bay. These are classic examples of models of our recent past where, without visiting, you still just "know" the trains run and it all makes sense in utterly plausible surroundings aka scenery.

You are among many of us better with the cheque book than the soldering iron or airbrush, but confidence with those will grow in time.

Hi,

There are a lot of friendly, patient experts on here with helpful "do-able" advice. I haven't plucked up the courage to post much so far in the short time since I registered but have had a go at whitemetal/brass kitbuilding, all sorts of soldering as well as weathering. My very incomplete layout is set in the same era as yours, but on the North-East side of the country. Enjoy!

Archived