Green and blue Class 47s

Crepello

My long-awaited D1745 arrived from Rochester this morning--very nice too but no BR emblem--apparently prototypical for this loco (see Class 47 website). Why oh why do manufacturers think we want a one-off when a decent bog-standard green 47 has been so long coming?

More useful if they did one with an emblem and no numbers! At least for modellers :D

Hi Lee

I have both models the new 47 with the revised height and the previous model. On initial inspection the only difference is that the body sits lower. This is done by reducing the slots on the 2 body supports/lighting connections at each end of the locomotive. The grounding issue that occurs with the bogies has been resolved by forming a flat on the gear covers.

In conclusion a great model and so was the previous after modification.

post-7897-0-94673000-1311415758_thumb.jpg

Maybe its just the height of the bogies that has been changed.

Michael

Maybe its just the height of the bogies that has been changed.

The main bogie moulding has been changed (whis was true on the Mail, IC and LLB 47s) - you can see this in your good picture - the gears are visible in the original, but not in the Mk2 and the shape of the top of the internal moulding is different.

Hopefully this'll make the remaining stocks of original batch go for cheapo prices for us who don't mind modifying? :yes:

Cheers,

Alan

Having looked at the pictures of the latest green 47 and noticed that the British Railways logo was missing I now see that it is missing from the actual model. Can anyone confirm that the prototype D1745 didn't have one?

Thanks

Gerry

• 2 weeks later...

If you're scared of working on a new loco check out ebay for secondhand ones - they regularly come up at less than £50 mint.

Sorry to dig up old ground, but any hints of where to find these Alan? Sound most interesting!

Cheers,

PIx

• 2 months later...

Reviving this thread, hope we don't mind.

Just picked up a superb second hand D1745, with the as noted missing roundel. Just a quick question, was this truly a one off or were there a few that ran around with the roundel?

I can't see many without in any of the pictures I've came across.

Archived