Refurbished or unrefurbished

• RMweb Premium

I am going to purchase said model 37207 'William Cookworthy' from Kernow MRC I will fit a sound decoder at some point but I believe there are two different versions available for the 37 depending on if it was UN-refubished or refurbished I hope that someone who knows about these things will be able to advise me on which decoder to get so that it is correct for the version that Kernow sell. Before I settle on a sound decoder I will install a non sound decoder which will be used later on another model The Kernow model has a 21pin decoder socket on board with working lights. I would be grateful for assistance.

I am going to purchase said model 37207 'William Cookworthy' from Kernow MRC I will fit a sound decoder at some point but I believe there are two different versions available for the 37 depending on if it was UN-refubished or refurbished I hope that someone who knows about these things will be able to advise me on which decoder to get so that it is correct for the version that Kernow sell. Before I settle on a sound decoder I will install a non sound decoder which will be used later on another model The Kernow model has a 21pin decoder socket on board with working lights. I would be grateful for assistance.

I would have thaught the un refurbished Howes 37 would be the one you need? Not me era but i am presuming the model is 1970's period?

I am sure they can supply it on 21 pin chip if asked.

• RMweb Gold

The Kernow version is 37 207 - an unrefurbished machine in rail blue. This was named in 1982 & the "Wizzy Lizzy" Cornwall Railways markings added around 1983. It lost the name in July 1987 & transferred away form St Blazey in October 87.

The name was then given to 37 675 which was a refurbished machine in Railfreight Redstripe livery.

(thanks to Martyn Read for much of this info!)

• RMweb Gold

The Kernow version is 37 207 - an unrefurbished machine in rail blue. This was named in 1982 & the "Wizzy Lizzy" Cornwall Railways markings added around 1983. It lost the name in July 1987 & transferred away form St Blazey in October 87.

The name was then given to 37 675 which was a refurbished machine in Railfreight Redstripe livery.

(thanks to Martyn Read for much of this info!)

any 37 in the 37/0 37/1 37/2 37/3 are un-refurbished hence they were among the majority of the early withdrawls

• RMweb Premium

Thanks chaps, unrefurbished it will be then, I am moving back to Oxford from Cornwall shortly so will be able to pop into Howes to pick up the correct decoder.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks chaps, unrefurbished it will be then, I am moving back to Oxford from Cornwall shortly so will be able to pop into Howes to pick up the correct decoder.

make sure you order one firest as they are not on the shelf, they are blown to order

Archived