Quarry Lane TMD

Pufferman

I have been build a TMD for a couple of years with a friend, it hasnt really been done very quick, due to my friends job, (building the overground railway from croydon) he spends alot of time working.

We built the base boards about 3 years ago, last year we laid the track and this yeah we have started to wire the track for DCC, one board has all its point motors fitted and one side of all the track wired, just the other side to do on that board and the points.

The total length of the layout is 13ft by 3ft, rather large for a TMD I know, but we also have sidings to stable coaching stock for specials, and a Network Rail depot at the front.

here is the blogg the layout http://quarrylanetmd.blogspot.com/

100_2632.jpg

100_2633.jpg

100_2613.jpg

100_2611.jpg

• 2 years later...

I dont know if this has many hits but since last posted the layout has had an invite to its first show and work is very much under way to get it finished for September.

All the electrics have been finished and scenics have been well under way.

Will post pictures if people are interested?

I will take some pictures of the layout as it stands tomorrow.

Have just installed walking routes and I would say 50% of the track is ballasted.

I have fitted 6 out of 8 under track kadee magnets 2 left to fit, but need to move one board for this.

The shed area has had the apron polly filled and the Network rail yard has been polly filled between the tracks for the fork lift.

Pictures tomorrow will make more sence, but pleased that people are interested.

Might be able to get some ideas too.

Nick

These pictures show the Apron of the shed, with a class 14 and 08 outside.

Also a general picture of the layout.

The other is the porta cabin come signal box and shunters office. The two boxs are for the wire that are running under the track. As per full size.

post-7209-0-87291300-1364512333_thumb.jpg

post-7209-0-20240100-1364512364_thumb.jpg

post-7209-0-31382700-1364512395_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Garages - cold and damp places - you have my sympathy.

Good plan and like the walkways from the relay boxes - are the dummy point motors the correct way round? as I was informed once on here that mine weren't :nono:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A couple of pictures showing the progress, my other half as been working on the Cliff face, and I have been putting in the fence around the Network Rail yard, I am going to spray the mesh that comes with the Ratio fence black with hopefully a wash of rust, not sure if you will be able to see it.

Hope you like the progress so far.

100_4860_zps47b07a53.jpg

100_4863_zps585581c4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Lots of progress has been going on over the last few weeks, the hill has been progressing at a great rate, but the carving is taking its time.

Then fence around the yard is coming together but has stopped for a while to let the fueling point be finished which is coming along well, a couple of pictures of the progress.

100_4867_zps2919384f.jpg

100_4866_zps4231d5a4.jpg

The inset of the track is being installed and then will be ballasted around, more work for the Bank Holiday weekend, not long now, and we are moving house between now and the deadline

Archived