Quarry Lane TMD

Pufferman

• 2 weeks later...

With just 7 days till Woking and the first Showing of Quarry Lane Depot, things have come along very well in the last week, there is one more bit of cliff to do, which hopefully will be done, the back scences are being done as I type, have been ordering up and buying detailing bits to add the finishing touches, more to be source today.

Wont be long till we are setting up on Friday and hopefully standing back and seeing how good it looks.

General View

100_4881_zps5cb3acb7.jpg

Quarry Lane Network Rail Depot

100_4880_zps3fd35782.jpg

The name says it all

100_4879_zpsde533102.jpg

Another day of progress.

Couple of lights fitted, lights fitted to the shed, the last bit of hill is 90% done, just needs the grass adding.

Sourced a low loader trailer for the tractor Unit, and have also started the last bit of wiring which is the fiddle yard.

Back scences are also awaiting painting and fitting Friday afternoon.

Low loader delivering digger to coal up steam specials

100_4894_zpsaf3dd2e9.jpg

Looking towards shed area, last bit of hill drying on the bench

100_4899_zpsd578d291.jpg

Light fitted to fuel Depot

100_4893_zps213a5647.jpg

Overall view of QLD

100_4896_zpsa460e9c7.jpg

Finishing touch to the fence around the NR depot, the top wire.

100_4898_zpsb879d716.jpg

Hope you like what you see

• 2 weeks later...

Woking has been and gone, the layout went very well for its first outing out.

Once we fitted it into the van, you would think a layout would fit into a transit but oh no, it didnt, so that is on the cards to sort with a few other bits.

Have put a few pictures in this thread to show you how we got on. We also got two invites.

7e033115-d8b4-45ed-a61c-3ff7909b7187_zps

Busy view over NR yard and depot

6de00580-e4e0-49a0-aeef-e41821f2f8e1_zps

DSCF4966_zpsbe7040eb.jpg

EWS 67 brings in the managers saloon

DSCF4964_zps7746d4b1.jpg

Windoff in the yard after a day out clearing and a few Sheds on Shed

DSCF4961_zpseee06a94.jpg

DSCF4952_zpsf43a8dad.jpg

DSCF4950_zpsae9ebd5f.jpg

Hope you like what you see.

If you came along to Woking and saw the layout would love to hear you feed back too.

Thank you very much for the feed back, pleased that you like the layout, will keep you all updated with out on going work that we will be starting after next week (gala I organise so will be driving Port of Par Twins) and get things ready for the next show on 1st and 2nd February.

• 4 weeks later...

Within the last 2 days we have had two invites for the layout so we have three dates pencilled in for 2014 already, we are going to Bognor Model Railway club show on the 11th & 12th Jan, have sent back the form for Alton, and I am currently filling out a form for Brighton Modelworld over the weekend of the 21st-23rd Feb

• 4 weeks later...

With two shows in the diary for next year and a form about to go back in the post some track work as started.

I have lifted the track that exits to the fiddle yard as at Woking we found that they were to tight

DSC_1133_zps7a0d2d1b.jpg

I have removed the side ballast and have laid a bit of track to a better curve which once I get the board off the floor I will see how it looks going onto the fiddle yard board which is going to have to be moved along and made different.

DSC_1134_zps78efdd05.jpg

This curve is 100 times better.

On the right hand track I have got to lift all the way back to the single slip as I have a double slip to install here, which will make operation into the loop siding better, this will be the first DCC operated point.

The track I take up there will be relaid with Peco concrete sleepered track

• 2 weeks later...

Have had a very busy and productive evening on the layout tonight, have removed the wooden sleepered track running up the the single slip and lifted the single slip.

DSC_1146_zpsceff5a36.jpg

I have also laid the new double slip, and put the concrete sleepered new track in place, ready to be cut for the catch point.

DSC_1148_zps1b51e15d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another very productive evening, the replacement signals have been planted and wired so you can now see the double white when they are set to clear.

A switch has been bought to fit to operate one half of the slip that will be fitted over the festive period, have worked out the new curve for the exit to the fiddle yard, the fiddle yard just needs a modification.

DSC_1179_zps53111bd5.jpg

DSC_1178_zpsca844ab5.jpg

With just over a week before our next outing have been busy doing the alterations.

I have made the modification to the fiddle yard, just the track to lay and then ballast it on the exit towards the fiddle yard.

DSC_1192_zpsb56e1c3c.jpg

Have also now built a transport box to move the layout in my van.

Also had time to play with my Christmas presents after sound fitting one.

DSC_1191_zpsace13949.jpg

Archived