New ex LNER wagons

David C

Are you going to move the vac cylinder on yours into the right place?

Thankfully the plastic is nice and pliable so the brake shoes don't just snap off as Parkside ones would. I can now flog my chassis in one piece to interested parties :lol: .

Its definitely the left vee lower on mine and I think it depends on how far they are pushed into the chassis in china as they appear to be a separate piece.

Are you going to move the vac cylinder on yours into the right place?

See edit above. TBH my kitbuilds are a compromise between where they should be, and where I can make them actually fitwink.gif

Its definitely the left vee lower on mine and I think it depends on how far they are pushed into the chassis in china as they appear to be a separate piece.

Mmm, hadnt thought of that, it does seem a plausible explanationgood_mini.gif

Tatlow has the wood door version unfitted with and without metal centre strap. He states BR converted some to fitted.

BR listed all of them for conversion from 1957. I never saw one which had not been converted - but I suspect quite a lot will have gone for scrap instead of conversion - see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/30820-vansopens-ratio/

A few unfitted may have escaped - as I was surprised to find a couple of the LMS 3 plank opens with Morton unfit brake in the 1980s.

Paul Bartlett

Vans with a makeover and light weathering .

Didnt like the lettering " NE" as supplied which I think are too large and the wagon numbers were also poorly applied . Re numbered and one with a different shade of grey for the roof.

post-7186-0-32542300-1297433141_thumb.jpg

post-7186-0-80570800-1297433150_thumb.jpg

Corrugated version which is a pre war design. Re painted , letters and numbers and a roof to white.

post-7186-0-40317000-1297433157_thumb.jpg

post-7186-0-65111100-1297433163_thumb.jpg

All changed to screw couplings. Excellent products, hopefully Bachmann will announce some other variations including more in LNER livery instead of BR

Mick,

They really do look nice with what you have done to them. The light weathering brings the detail out nicely. Your photo's are making me go and find the Card and put it into Hattons to get a few!

Hi Doug,

I have used the fantastic plastic for such a thing. I waited for the LNER 13t steel open wagon to arrive before ordering. I will probably buy some BR versions when I am in UK, from Hattons of course. I will probably see you in March at BRMA, but not at exhibition. I had to negotiate for one meeting, so it was BRMA as I wont spend money getting in or items, when I have a long list for UK.

Go get 'em

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

But they go nice with an Austerity of any size especially a J94!

Mark Saunders

Oh dear.

I hijack the thread and then you turn it into modern image. :lol:

Of course if they did do one we would have to ask them to do it with the end stantions as add on items in wood and steel variants. :D

Better still if they did both.

Bernard

Guest Max Stafford

But it is not much use without a J27 and a Q6.

Bernard

Sunday is only two days away, Bernard... :)

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Quite agree, Mick - some very nice subtle detailing on the Fruit van, not least the representation of raised lettering on the 'cast' FRUIT plate. B)

Just arrived from Hattons. Two of the Fruit vans and a couple of opens. The Fruit version is superb best of the bunch IMHO.

Couplings changed renumbering to LNER versions in next couple of days .

Any chance of photographs?

Paul Bartlett

Guest Max Stafford

Paul, I'll try to stick some pictures up later today as I have some.

Just while I'm here, do you think the bulk alumina hopper would be a good choice? It's a nice looking wagon.

Having battled manfully to complete the Parkside version recently, I would also suggest the wooden-bodied grain hopper as another type with potential. Did the two types share a common wheelbase perchance?

Dave.

Paul, I'll try to stick some pictures up later today as I have some.

Just while I'm here, do you think the bulk alumina hopper would be a good choice? It's a nice looking wagon.

Having battled manfully to complete the Parkside version recently, I would also suggest the wooden-bodied grain hopper as another type with potential. Did the two types share a common wheelbase perchance?

Dave.

Dave - looking forward to the photographs before alteration!

Although I like the LNER grain very much there is no way I would recommend either to Bachmann - far too rare and you already have them from Parkside. I believe the Alumina were very restricted in their use. The grain was based on the GWR convertibles - we have had a long discussion about these on 7mm modellers Yahoo group - although not the same.

Paul Bartlett

Archived