Edge

• RMweb Premium

I thought it did, but with the added complication of under a certain wheel diameter - can't remember which but wasn't there a livery change because of this? And what about locos like ER B12, passenger engines if ever there was any, and in blsck, fits the wheel diameter rule too.

The VoR was a tourist line hence the passenger livery I presume. Weren't the W&L locos painted plain black, it was originally a mixed traffic line with plenty of farm traffic but by BR days just goods.

Sorry going off post a bit - Weren't originally all GWR 2 cylinder locos to be painted lined black as they were officially mixed traffic locos, same as LNER V2s and others. However Bulleid's Light Pacifics were always green (apart from early experimental liveries) even though the wheel diameter was the same as a V2 and regarded by the SR (officially) as for mixed traffic.

Keith

Its worth mentioning that you all have Glenn Williams to thank for this - he lined the whole locomotive out, by hand, free of charge in his spare time - without him it would have appeared in unlined black instead.

Bruce

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had a daft thought the other day. What if there had been a 2' gauge railway in Yorkshire that was supplied with identical Manning-Wardle locos these could have been named

Esk, Ure, Doe, Don, Rye

Just think of a nice shade of LNER apple green (Doncaster) paint on the cab and tanks.

I had a daft thought the other day. What if there had been a 2' gauge railway in Yorkshire that was supplied with identical Manning-Wardle locos these could have been named

Esk, Ure, Doe, Don, Rye

Just think of a nice shade of LNER apple green (Doncaster) paint on the cab and tanks.

I suspect Doncaster may well have put a loco like that in black livery too, though!

When I was a teenager I planned a fictitious NG line across the Lincolnshire Wolds, the idea being that it would be a direct route between Frodingham and the non-existant ironstone mines that the LD&ECR was intended to serve. Unfortunately, I can only think of one three-letter river name to go with it. There must be scope for similar routes in North Yorkshire, though - given the existence of Ingleby Incline, the Rosedale branch would have made a lot of sense as a 2ft or 3ft gauge line. But then, of course, you have Darlington painting the engines instead.

30190 looks superb in this livery, and the number somehow seems appropriate. The next step now has surely got to be BR blue livery with double arrows, as per the VoR locos !

Hats off to those that produced this loco, and this livery.

If the hypothetical line had been in the dales rather than the moors then they might have been LMS crimson lake.

Perhaps a route to Appletreewick

Sorry - typical moddeler thinking about hypothetical places for lines and liveries.

30190 looks superb in this livery, and the number somehow seems appropriate. The next step now has surely got to be BR blue livery with double arrows, as per the VoR locos !

Hats off to those that produced this loco, and this livery.

And then NSE.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like 30190 might be around for a little while longer than originally expected...

post-7036-0-88782200-1304951695_thumb.jpg

post-7036-0-70772700-1304951701_thumb.jpg

post-7036-0-20334900-1304951707_thumb.jpg

3 photos taken during a jolly to Rhyd Ddu 2 Thursdays ago. The new larger (and correct sized) front numberplate makes a big difference in my humble opinion.

Paintshop priority is currently NGG16 143 which is being turned out in Brunswick Green.... weather Lyd or Linda will enter the paint shop next is anybodies guess but there certainly is no hurry in repainting 30190 at presentrolleyes.gif

Bruce

Archived