Mosborough TMD

Schaumann

hello all i'm a bit new to all this railway modeling

been building models all my life but not really railways

untill i saw some sound locos at barrowhill this year at the model rail show

since then i'v decided to build a small shelf layout in my workshop just a few small sheds and some sideings thats all :)

nothing like the standerds on here atall but i thought you all mite like to see the parts that are getting on a bit

nothing fancy nothing like a real layout just all madeup and bit of fun

bareing in mind i'v never built a layout before or weatherd any trains before these are my first trys and very much work in progress probably not very good

haveing fun tho none the less :)

thanks

Russ

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

hello

really just airbrush with tamiya paints mostly errm mixture of dark earth and buff/

flat black waterd down and some tamiya weathering sticks for the oilyness

and for rusty stuff life colour dust and rust lightly base coated and rubbed off when half dry

tracks are just sprayed with flat earth in a watery mixture then really watery flat black on top for the oily effect and anything i'v got left in my mixing pots :)

stuck the grass down and gave them a light dusting of watered flat black aswell around the rails and buffers

then painted the buffers with tamiya weathering sticks waterd down let it dry off rub it with a kitchen towel then whent over the top of them with the airbrush with watery flat black again

not really anything complicated

havent plucked up the courage to do any of the other locos yet

i'm glad evryone likes them

i thought they mite be a bit rubbish :)

Cheers

Russ

hello

thanks i'm glad evryone seems to like it

track plan haha i wouldernt know where to start with a track plan sorry haha

i just plonked the shed on and moved the points around till i was happy with them then layed the track its probably not like anything real

but i only have a small shelf to play with so i wonted to fit as much as i can onit really

i'm not sure if i could draw one or something i'll have a look but knowing my mind i'll change it all or somehting haha

cheers evryone

Russ

well then guys and girls wot other sort of loco's could i get for this small layout

i have a few rolling stock but i'm mainly into the loco's really the points are quite tite so i think over a 3 axel bogie mite have problems

wot do you lot suggest haha

thanks for your help

:)

thanks for that

i havent got a track plan yet

i'll try and draw one at somepoint of wot i'v done

when i get the chance haha i'm still looking for bits and bobs to put onit extra lights and stuff around the rails

aswell as some more locos but stuck wot to get now ;( allso stuck with the rest of the layout not sure if i wont another shed or make it a bit more open or something

dident really have a plan in mind i just plonked the shed on and moved the track round till it fitted haha

Cheers

Russ

aswell as some more locos but stuck wot to get now ;( allso stuck with the rest of the layout not sure if i wont another shed or make it a bit more open or something

Hi Russ,

You dont have to listen to this but if you look at any yard the further away from the sheds you go the more overgrown and less clutered the track will be, unless it goes into a station or refuling area. just a thought ;)

Chris

are yes i think i know wot you mean

i'v got that bit you can see in the pics then another maybe 4foot by 2 foot which is just sideings

all inall its about 7 foot long and varys from about 12inch wide to to 2 foot wide at the end

so its pretty much all going to be clutterd up i think there no room for a main line or anything

so i guess its just all going to be sideings and sheds and stuff

thanks for the tips allways helps :)

i think i got model builders block with it at the moment

allthought i have all my points working now at the shed end so i can sit im my chair and move the locos where ever i wont that end without movieing which is quite a lot of fun haha

thanks Chris

Cheers

Russ

Archived