Dapol class 153

grahame

One other thing.....there is no mention in the instructions of the two switches on the underside of the model. I have a 156 and am aware of their function from experience with that.

I know my local model shop has had several people bring back these models with "faulty" lighting.......wasting their time and the shop owners too, when its discovered that there is a switch underneath.

May I respectfully ask that a mention if these is made on the instruction sheet....or possibly have them leaVe the factory with both switches on......mine were both off.

I'd second that, as I initially thought that the lighting was faulty on my 156 as well. It was only when I turned it over to see if I could get into the model and fix the problem, that I noticed the switches!

• RMweb Premium

Just looking at the Hatton's web site. See a two further class 153s are due but the livery description is ambiguoius:-

ND114H Class 153 powered - Northern Transpennine

ND115H Class 153 Dummy - Northern Transpennine

Any ideas what this livery is?

Northern Rail franchise doesn't run Transpennine Express services. Northern Sprit / Arriva Trains Northern run Transpennine Express upto 2005 after privatisation, but don't recall 153s been diagrammed for these services

Just looking at the Hatton's web site. See a two further class 153s are due but the livery description is ambiguoius:-

ND114H Class 153 powered - Northern Transpennine

ND115H Class 153 Dummy - Northern Transpennine

Any ideas what this livery is?

Northern Rail franchise doesn't run Transpennine Express services. Northern Sprit / Arriva Trains Northern run Transpennine Express upto 2005 after privatisation, but don't recall 153s been diagrammed for these services

Dapol Catalogue uses this strange description, but the accompanying illustration is of a 153 in North Western Trains blue/gold but with white (Serco/NedRail) Northern logo. Hope that helps. mellow.gif

• RMweb Premium

ND114D / ND115D are the standard Northern Rail pre 2011 livery, as I've just got one of these on order. Northern Rail changed their logo to incorporate in small lettering the constituent franchise partners of Serco and NedRail.

FNW blue with gold stars and small Northern Rail logos feels right, because as far as I know any 153s received Northern Sprite Turquise and Green nor ATN livery. Dapol do list a 153 in FNW livery so easy to do a run in the aforementioned livery.

I think it is just plain Northeren Rail (not the re-branded FNW with gold stars), see:

http://www.kernowmod..._number_153_332

Cheers, Mike

I doubt it's a re-run of the Northern (blue/purple/white) livery - as these have only just (finally!) been released, and there is a second 156 in this livery due out soon. Looking at other northern liveries, Dapol have done Northern badged ex First Barbie (first set of 156 releases), and Northern Spirit (second set of 156 releases, announced for 141/2). I suspect that it will be the Northern Spirit turquoise and green livery - which is similar to the Northern Transpenine maroon livery...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi all,

I am looking at getting a motorised 153 and a matching dummy one, can any one tell me are the dummy units ready to accept light bars? and do they have directional lighting the same as the motorised units.

Thanks in advance

Owen

• RMweb Gold

Which reminds me, didn't Antics promise a FGW Local Lines 153 about 2 years ago? Does anyone know if this is still going ahead?

Hi Keith,

I think Dapol Dave is the best person to answer this question or someone from Antics. :unsure_mini:

Cheers,

Mark

Archived