Cheapest passengers on the planet?

LaScala

Found these 7mm guys on a certain auction site and could not resist at less than 50p each painted Wehonest figures They also do HO versions at even sillier price by the look of it. Pricing seems rather variable if not illogical so worth looking at all the options.

Whilst not fine enough for prominent display (unless toned down and detailed) , I think more than good enough for filling up coaches at a very cheap price. The name of the enterprise is off putting but the service was excellent.

Here are two straight from the packet on a GWR bench seat and glued into a 4 wheel first class coach

post-1733-0-19302700-1294966486_thumb.jpg

post-1733-0-49021400-1294967525_thumb.jpg

Those figures in your pic don't look too bad, I had some of their H0 ones and they were rather crude to be polite.

Also, (I had bought some 200!) I found the actual poses tended to be repeated frequently! However, when (re)painted up, they were still just about okay inside a coach, as you say!

They certainly were extremely cheap though and in fact, they did seem to live up to their name (surprise, surprise!).

Cheers,

John E.

• RMweb Premium

They are CHEAP, and thats the important bit. I bought a pack of 100 to populate the carriages for my sons 4mm layout and when sprayed with matt varnish they look perfectly acceptable through the windows, you wouldn't want to look too closely at a pair on the station bench but then we have Prieser for that.....at ten times the cost.

I see they do a 1,000 in HO for roughly £32 including P&P., and they are pre-painted too, wonder what the rate of pay is over there in China, it will certainly be piece work rates.......

A little tittievating and then certainly OK for interiors of carriages.

They are CHEAP, and thats the important bit. I bought a pack of 100 to populate the carriages for my sons 4mm layout and when sprayed with matt varnish they look perfectly acceptable through the windows, you wouldn't want to look too closely at a pair on the station bench but then we have Prieser for that.....at ten times the cost.

Exactly, Preiser are brilliant for high profile figures but I defy anyone to pick these as wrong once behind glazing. They look ok from a distance in the roofless coach. I don't intend leaving the park bench pair in situ by the way even remembering they are about 300% lifesize in my snap. They will get white glue on their butts and join the others behind Plastiglaze!

Awww, and after 4 weeks on the high seas locked in a container.....let them sit on the bench for a little while longer! :D

More like a love in for them and 28 others joining the mile high club at the same time? They need a rest.............

I bought 100 of the OO people from the same place way back. The colours were garish to say the least - gentlemen in yellow trousers and pink shirts (come to think of it, I might have worn that sort of thing back in the '60s) but I sprayed them with grey car primer and repainted them in acrylics, and they do the job. Only about 8 poses between them though, so a triangular needle file across the stomach and behind the knees with a touch of superglue was enough to get them to sit.

I know the name sounds supicious but I have bought the figures and several of various styles of the lights off WeHonest and they are very good to deal with. The products are not particularly brilliant or fancy but represent truly excellent value for money. I do agree that the painted people will really still need furtyher painting or even complete repaints but they are an excellent way of populating railway coaches, buses, stations and streets.

The repetitious poses of some of the figures could also make very good shop window dummies.

Archived