Carronvale T&RSMD

G-Mac

One thing I thought was that it appears all the locos on the traverser remain powered. It occurs to me therefore that it would be possible to move one without the traverser being lined up. This would seem to be a recipe for disaster, certainly for a ham fisted operator like me !

I assume the interlock is therefore purely biological and your operators know which loco is which and don't call up the wrong one...

Very much like the layout though. I am in the stages of finishing off the depot part of my layout and will borrow some of your techniques to build the ground level up and make it all look a bit dirty and unkempt.

Thanks for sharing it !

One thing I thought was that it appears all the locos on the traverser remain powered. It occurs to me therefore that it would be possible to move one without the traverser being lined up. This would seem to be a recipe for disaster, certainly for a ham fisted operator like me !

I assume the interlock is therefore purely biological and your operators know which loco is which and don't call up the wrong one...

Very much like the layout though. I am in the stages of finishing off the depot part of my layout and will borrow some of your techniques to build the ground level up and make it all look a bit dirty and unkempt.

Thanks for sharing it !

There are a few procedures that are followed by the layout operators to ensure that everything runs smoothly. For any loco in the fiddle yard after keying in number on the controller the operator switches the main lights of the loco off and back on (or changes the loco direction and then back again so that the lights change)to ensure that the right loco is selected and is responding correctly before moving the loco. This small practise ensures that the right loco is selected every time.

The power is on all the time even when the traverser moves.

There will be a base fitted to the bottom of the traverser board so there is not a hole under the traverser but there wasn't time before the Falkirk show.

Thanks for the comment,

Greig

Absolutely loving the layout, if that had been me wiring up your layout the coffee machine in the next room would have come on before any of your light or loco's would have moved :P , please PLEASE leave the can holding up the bridge I can't wait to see what Dr.Glum puts about the inaccuracies of that support and foundation :blink: only joking :D

Absolutely loving the layout, if that had been me wiring up your layout the coffee machine in the next room would have come on before any of your light or loco's would have moved :P , please PLEASE leave the can holding up the bridge I can't wait to see what Dr.Glum puts about the inaccuracies of that support and foundation :blink: only joking :D

Thanks very much for the comment :icon_thumbsup2:

Greig

I'm very impressed by what you've done. I was interested to see the electrics and the traverser - strange how as I go through building layouts of my own I become as much an admirer of the technical side just as much as the scenery side. That said, the structures are very well done, and the whole thing comes together rather well. I also like the use of the mirror behind the sheds.

I'm very impressed by what you've done. I was interested to see the electrics and the traverser - strange how as I go through building layouts of my own I become as much an admirer of the technical side just as much as the scenery side. That said, the structures are very well done, and the whole thing comes together rather well. I also like the use of the mirror behind the sheds.

Thanks very much :icon_thumbsup2:,

Greig

Hi Greig

I Love the way you have got the vending machines to lite up...

Also

The Mirroe image on the track looks a great idea... giving the Layout that look of longer than is actually is...

Love the Photo uploads every time mate...

Jamie

Hi Greig

I Love the way you have got the vending machines to lite up...

Also

The Mirroe image on the track looks a great idea... giving the Layout that look of longer than is actually is...

Love the Photo uploads every time mate...

Jamie

Thanks very much :icon_thumbsup2:, will keep the photos coming.

Greig

A bit more progress.

One of the portokabins, the right hand one, has been fully fitted out with lights. The other two will receive lighting shortly.

Comments are welcome.

Greig

post-7665-126910076086_thumb.jpg

Hi

Nice vending machines! B)

I also like the new backscene,its really effective and gives more depth to the layout.Where did you obtain it from?Is it home made using photographs?

Following with interest :D

Regards

Lewis

Thanks for the comment. I am unsure where the backscene was obtained from.

Greig

Hi Greig

Love the night scene Photo and the Curry's / Comet back drop... How was that achieved and what software did you use the stitch them into one Photo shot...?

Love the photos mate, keep them coming...

Jamie

Hi Greig

Love the night scene Photo and the Curry's / Comet back drop... How was that achieved and what software did you use the stitch them into one Photo shot...?

Love the photos mate, keep them coming...

Jamie

Thanks for the comment mate. The background is a bought product. I liked it as it was much more up to date than many others that I have seen. I am unsure where we got it from as it was quite a while ago when we got it.

Greig

The fuel discharge point (minus the pipework at the moment). It is a scratch built brass structure with Wills scenic roofing. The brass frame acts as a common return for the LED's. The tankers pictured are not the ones which will run on the layout at shows.

Greig

post-7665-126946851808_thumb.jpg

post-7665-126946927526_thumb.jpg

Hi

Looking good,the illumination shed looks interesting,how do you wire up the LEDs for it?

Regards

Lewis

Thanks for the comment. Each led is wired in series with a resistor. Each led-resistor pair are then connected in parallel with the next pair and so on to the power supply.

Greig

Archived