Carronvale T&RSMD

G-Mac

Hello G-Mac

"Shock & awe" as some American bloke once said......

Question if you don't mind, the concrete hardstand that you have poured - what did you use for that ?

I want to go down that route but I am unsure what to use.

Concerned that a wet mix will eventually crack unless it has some "added ingredient" to make it a little "rubberised".

Of course.......it may just be "polyfilla" and paint.......

Any advice appreciated

Regards

Nick

Thanks for the comment. The hard standing is a mix of plaster, water and a small amount of pva glue. You need just a smallish amount of pva to give the plaster a bit of flex, to much and the plaster shrinks when it dries out.

Now for some views of the supposedly hidden fiddle yard under the them park are of the layout. The traverser runs on a rack and pinion system with two motors running in parallel to power it. The cable run going round the back scene feeds spin doctor. Tracks are terminated onto copper clad strip. I find it the most effective and easiest method in hidden areas such as fiddle yards. In the visible part of the layout brass nails have been used with the track end soldered to them.

post-7665-125891421922_thumb.jpg

post-7665-12589143191645_thumb.jpg

post-7665-12589143321341_thumb.jpg

post-7665-125891438098_thumb.jpg

Hi

This look like the start of a good Layout, is it based on Modern Image...! I keep my eye on this Layout and see the progress. I'll be keeping my eye on the Layout for future returns to see its progress...?

Warm Regards 7APT7

Hi

This look like the start of a good Layout, is it based on Modern Image...! I keep my eye on this Layout and see the progress. I'll be keeping my eye on the Layout for future returns to see its progress...?

Warm Regards 7APT7

Thanks for the comment, yes the layout is bang up to date modern image based round the Fylde coast. At the Falkirk show this weekend it will be running mainly Northern DMU's along with DBSchenker, Freightliner and DRS livered locomotives (Class 66, 60, 37,08).

http://www.falkirkmrc.com/

It's an interesing feature the 08 shuttle underneath - neat!

I wonder if the grass is less vivid in real life - certainly in the photos it looks like toning it down slightly might be a good idea?

I look forward to seeing photos of it in action. It looks well constructed and not overly cramped - and a good play ground for the crop of recent modern image locos :)

Archived