Carronvale T&RSMD

G-Mac

The decision to make it a T&RSMD instead of a TMD is a good one as you can have DMUs aswell as the usual lccos.Well done to everyone who has contributed to this layout :icon_clap:

Thanks very much for the comment. The reason for the T&RSMD was that there was a growing number of TMD's appearing so I wanted something with a different edge to it. As you mentioned it allows extra flexibility with the stock as well.

Greig

Looking forward to seeing some RS on the layout biggrin.gif

Any chance you managed to find out what plaster it is you used? Am off to the Doncaster show this weekend and wouldnt mind picking some up if its available there.

Also, im guessing you paint the concrete after rather than colouring it before application?

Looking forward to seeing some RS on the layout biggrin.gif

Any chance you managed to find out what plaster it is you used? Am off to the Doncaster show this weekend and wouldnt mind picking some up if its available there.

Also, im guessing you paint the concrete after rather than colouring it before application?

Apologies for not getting back to you. The plaster is just the standard stuff available from most DIY shops. It is not any special modelling product. The plaster is painted afterwards but I can't see any problems with mixing the paint in with the plaster mix.

Greig

Apologies for not getting back to you. The plaster is just the standard stuff available from most DIY shops. It is not any special modelling product. The plaster is painted afterwards but I can't see any problems with mixing the paint in with the plaster mix.

Greig

And just to add, I forgot to say that dont know what brand it is but most should be able to do the job. I have used many different brands of plaster and none have let me down so far.

Greig

Electrics this time :blink:. The two din plugs connecting the traverser were replaced with one to simplify things a little. The din plug carries the motor power wires for the traverser and also the DCC track power.

Greig

post-7665-12661723463493_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Am I seeing double? Well technically yes. I have added a mirror to one end of Carronvale to create added visual depth to the layout. The mirror is half the height of the back scene. A footbridge will be built along the top of it to hide the join between the mirror and the “skyâ€. The sheds will be cut flush with the mirrors face.

Greig

I will be at Model Rail Scotland this weekend with Falkirk MRC's fantastic new N gauge continental layout Fleckenkirk.

post-7665-126712613391_thumb.jpg

post-7665-126712616568_thumb.jpg

post-7665-126712629545_thumb.jpg

post-7665-126712640063_thumb.jpg

I think I'm seeing quadruple ;)

Looks like you've fallen foul of the bug which makes you think your post hasn't been entered.

Adding the mirror with the bridge on top is a very clever idea. I'd love to do something similar on Scotswood - unfortunately there's a track passing through where I'd want the mirror dry.gif

The fuel tanks so far. They were just placed on before. This is them in thier final positions relative to each other. They are still in progress and some pipes and some perimeter walling are to be added.

Greig

post-7665-126773115283_thumb.jpg

post-7665-12677311743_thumb.jpg

post-7665-126773123538_thumb.jpg

post-7665-12677312834_thumb.jpg

Hi Greig

Thats a great job of the pictures above... "The fuel tanks" Who fuel company is going to get the contract haha...!

Excellent mate, Love to popback and have a peak at the progress...

Jamie

Hi Greig

Thats a great job of the pictures above... "The fuel tanks" Who fuel company is going to get the contract haha...!

Excellent mate, Love to popback and have a peak at the progress...

Jamie

Thanks very much :D, will keep this up to date with any progress.

Greig

They are, Im still deciding a colour for mine, I guess it will have to be grey...I was thinking of using the two vertical tanks for wast oil. How did you find it cementing the shed area ? I used card fo my steelworks but may try filler around the stable point,

Regards

Leon.

They are, Im still deciding a colour for mine, I guess it will have to be grey...I was thinking of using the two vertical tanks for wast oil. How did you find it cementing the shed area ? I used card fo my steelworks but may try filler around the stable point,

Regards

Leon.

The plaster was quite easy to put down. You just have to make sure you leave sufficient grooves for the wheel flanges.

Greig

Archived