Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Microscale decal sizes/UK availability

I am planning to use some of these on some freelance narrow gauge rolling stock in both HO and O scale, and have 2 questions that hopefully somebody will be able to help me with;

Firstly, any suggestions for stockists in the UK.

Secondly - does anyone have any sheets to hand that they could measure? I am assuming that there are basically 4 sizes; HO 87-... sheets, HO MC-... sheets, and 2 sizes for N as 60-... seems to cover full size and MC equivalent sheets. I can see the layout of the sheets on line, if I knew the actual size then I should be able to work out which ones will fit on the side of my cars.

Thanks.

Neil

Riverside Yard : http://www.precisionlabels/com/shunt/

Microscale decals can be purchased from macs models , tamworth sidings & most of the american railroad stockists. You will find the microscale website useful i ordered a few sets minimum order is $20. Don't be put off by ordering from the states because with the order being so small you don't pay an import tax like you would for a loco. I shall measure up some of my HO sheets shortly & get back to you .

Cheers

Simon.

Normal HO sheets are about the size of an A5 bit of paper (or half an A4 sheet if that's clearer) - HO Minicals (MC) are about half that again, or a quarter A4 sheet.

I think N are the same artwork as HO but half the size, so they will again be about the size of an HO minical.

Not sure about N minicals, sorry.

HTH

Oh - and I agree with Simon, as long as you're ordering enough to go over their minimum order then ordering direct from them is the best way for decals. Various UK dealers carry microscale, but if they don't have the exact bits you want (likely) then you're waiting around for them to order one in for you...you have none of those issues going direct, and because it's an envelope rather than a box you likely will have no vat/duty issues either.

Archived