Chandlers Ford station (old)

Hi,

Once the inspiration for Martyn Welch's Hursley, It is difficult to find details.

I can only find two photos of Chandlers Ford station and certainly no plans, can anyone direct me to where I could find some details of this lovely small station.

Thank you

DesA

• RMweb Gold

Ian and Beast,

Thanks guys

I have Dyer's book and the website was all that I could find... I wonder what Martyn used for his source?

DesA

The website? Since the model was built in the 1980s (it was exhibited only the once at the MRJ show in 1990), no. Martyn is from the area I think so may well have had his own pictures and equally, I'm sure that photos of Chandlers Ford have appeared in plenty of books (none of which I have, of course...) over the years. Perhaps there's some mention of his research material in MRJ 40?

Adam

Thanks,

MRJ40 and Weathering- Wild Swan provide several visual clues, in MRJ 40 Martyn states that he had some drawings of Chandlers Ford but does not provide a bibliography or any hint of their source.

The Middleton book is rather light on the subject but I hope that Kevin Robertson might have more information because there really is not much else.

If I cannot get anything more than has been mentioned, I may resort to a 'near enough' solution of two Wills SS67 kits placed back to back with some suitable bodging and a new canopy. The station is not destined for a model of Chandlers Ford, it is merely a means to an end.

DesA

Archived