Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Afternoon - a quick trip down to Beresford Junction discovered some more damage from the January 2016 floods - at first I was a bit perplexed as absolutely nowhere near the Christmas tree was and also it all had a slightly red tinge to it.

It was all over a couple of locos and the Arriva 150, plus the walls of one of the sheds.

post-10336-0-67105200-1452434680_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-45057500-1452434676_thumb.jpg

Then I remembered - there has been a bit of a 'red wine incident' over the festive season that must have resulted in a bit of a soaking for this area.

Dangerous place to be.....

Phil

• Like 1

This evening has been measuring and planning.

Longest requirement is going to be the GWR HST. I've got the 8 coaches, which measure 97" (sorry for the mix of imperial/metric coming along but I like to complicate things). The HST power cars are 235mm so about 9 and a bit inches, or 116" in total.

There is nowhere I can accommodate that length of train (longest current siding is about 12" too short). Planning the roundy roundy bit, 'if' I use one of the pizza ovens in the other corner, the longest run I have is 130" from the curve [i must do some drawings/photos of what I'm taking about to help].

So 130" - 116" leaves 14", which should be enough for a 8.5" point, plus 4.5" clearance after the point - not sure that is enough?

I think it's all coming together in my mind at least. I'll post some plans, photos of the areas to be developed when I get a chance.

Phil

Phil,

I saw a picture yesterday of a 5 coach FGW (GWR) HST set on a trial for the possibility of strengthening the  Cardiff - Portsmouth route. So with that in mind, if the trial is a success you could model that? along with some FGW 150/153's.. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looking good Phil, have you laid the extra sidings you 'need'? ;)

Thanks Paul, Unfortunately no additional track - I've been spending too much time away with work in (warmer) exotic locations.

I'm also starting to doubt my plans - I might try to simplify them a bit, or at least build in stages rather than all at once.

Phil

• Like 1

Hi Phil,

Layouts looking good, as are the yard lights. It's looking a bit like a yard in South Wales, how about adding a dock serving the steel industry for additional operational interest??  

You could pick up a load of Walthers kits next time you're across the pond.. .

• Like 1

Great pics. In the market for some yard light towers myself. May I ask, where you got them as they look the business?

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I got mine from Neil (class "66") in the post above, who in was a bit over capacity. I believe they were actually made by PylonMan - Neil is this correct?

Phil

• Like 1

Phil

can you remember where you go the fertiliser bags from - look great loaded on those Bachmann OBAs

Thanks.

Hi Melly

Sorry for the delay in replying...

The fertilizer bags are DUHA ones and I got mine from P and H models, although it looks like they're sold out / no longer available - http://pandhmodels.com/category.php?id_category=47

Phil

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hi Melly

Sorry for the delay in replying...

The fertilizer bags are DUHA ones and I got mine from P and H models, although it looks like they're sold out / no longer available - http://pandhmodels.com/category.php?id_category=47

Phil

If I had a pound for everytime that query has come up since we bought them!