• 2 months later...

Anything to report?

Well, strange you should ask...

Despite me spending a lot of time working overseas at the moment, I have actually managed to make some changes. So you can work out which bit this is, in the background of the first photo is where the helix comes up (once it is re-connected).

I've added some more sidings which are accessed from the other longer sidings on the main board if you see what I mean. I've been doing some playing and it is quite good fun moving things back and forwards.

post-10336-0-81864900-1477860023_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-69235100-1477860037_thumb.jpg

Progress likely to be slow, but I'm still here.

Phil

• Like 13

Thanks. I'm still 'virtually' here just not in the country much these days and when I am, it's not best practice to disappear off down to Beresford Junction all the time :-)

Are you still working away a lot?

Phil

Not so much thankfully, but agree it is difficult to make time for playing trains

BluePullman21, on 16 Dec 2011 - 21:58, said:

Nice set of pics Phil, I particularly like this one. I love the pair of Honda CR-Zs (if I'm correct) to the left :D Cheers William

Cheers William

Here's the fleet:

(L to R)
Civic Type-R
Toyota Prius
Golf GTI
Honda Insight
Honda Insight
and some other funny mini MPV - can't remember what this is

attachicon.gifDSCN6701.JPG

Later on the local police along with someone from traffic start to take an interest in the Civic Type-R

attachicon.gifDSCN6708.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN6709.JPG

Phil

First quote: the two Hondas are Insights not CR-Zs.The CR-Z is a coupe, the Insight a 5-door hatchback.Both are hybrids

Second quote: "some other funny mini MPV" is a Nissan Cube!Have seen quite a few over the past 7yrs or so.   

BluePullman21, on 16 Dec 2011 - 21:58, said:

First quote: the two Hondas are Insights not CR-Zs.The CR-Z is a coupe, the Insight a 5-door hatchback.Both are hybrids

Second quote: "some other funny mini MPV" is a Nissan Cube!Have seen quite a few over the past 7yrs or so.   

Wow - bit of a blast from the past with that post - nearly five years ago - quite a lot of changes to Beresford Junction since then :O

As for the MPV/Nissan Cube I believe too I've seen/actually been in a few - they're quite popular cars for Uber/Lyft drivers.

Anyway thanks for the intel.

Phil

• Like 2

Afternoon all. I've decided to add a bit more trackwork, just in case I didn't have enough already.

I'd already taken out the section before I remembered to take a pic

post-10336-0-63866900-1480266113_thumb.jpg

And here it is with the point fitted into the slot and re-ballasted.

post-10336-0-40655100-1480266125_thumb.jpg

Here is the overview shot - the new siding should allow me to move trains in and out of the new container depot without getting snookered.

post-10336-0-42440000-1480266143_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-27505000-1480266153_thumb.jpg

Not sure if I'm going to keep the road over the track and extend to the new one, or remove the others.

Phil

• Like 5