I'm always torn between cracking on and doing the ultimate/best ever thing, however I find if I aim for that nothing happens, so my plan has been to get something done then go back and upgrade having learned along the way. ......I find this hobby interesting in it's extremes - serious construction with saws and hammers through to fiddling round with things 1mm in size.

Hi Phil, nice to know I'm not alone. You get to do half a dozen hobbies all in one and each one you want to give your full attention to.....then something else grabs your attention.

Guy

I know I said there was nothing stopping me getting on with the ballasting, well something did - it was such a nice day that I actually went outside and did some sawing / painting of the backboards - and they're now installed ready for the second coat.

post-10336-0-01750400-1301774846_thumb.jpg

I also tried a bridge out, with the classic bus on it ;-)

post-10336-0-51344600-1301774836_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-53050700-1301774823_thumb.jpg

Track plans for this area still fluid hence the wiggly / not joined up layout

Cheers

Phil

• Like 2

Whoa, does sitting in the middle like that lead to getting dizzy?? Ah it must because the cars and trucks are on the wrong sides of the road on the bridge!:rolleyes:

Seriously, looking good Phil.

Dave

Phil,

Just been reading this thread from start to finish. Got to say it's looking really impressive, and the speed with which it's got to this stage is quite something.

Looking forward to seeing further updates.

Chris

Whoa, does sitting in the middle like that lead to getting dizzy?? Ah it must because the cars and trucks are on the wrong sides of the road on the bridge!:rolleyes:

Seriously, looking good Phil.

Dave

Hi Dave

Here's the US version of the bridge, and yes I do get dizzy sitting going round in the swivel chair ;-)

post-10336-0-63238700-1301853140_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Phil

• Like 1

Phil,

Just been reading this thread from start to finish. Got to say it's looking really impressive, and the speed with which it's got to this stage is quite something.

Looking forward to seeing further updates.

Chris

Thanks Chris

I read the post myself the other day and think it should probably be renamed to 'I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure' ;-)

Cheers

Phil

Slightly off topic I know, but I decided to start doing some research on what the bridge should look like and came across this...

http://www.xrv.org.u...ay-bridges.html

now that's what I call a bridge strike

Here's my version:

post-10336-0-85294300-1301921309_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-04404900-1301921305_thumb.jpg

something a little different, unless you know otherwise that is ;-)

Cheers

Phil

• Like 2

Hey i really like your bridge concept! Will u let me know what you use to model the r-bar!!!!!

I found it really hard to produce an iconic bridge on my layout. For the moment i used standard off the shelf items and plan to add a "stunning" bridge based somewhere in ireland later on when everything is up and running. (thats if they haven't all been sold off when i return home!)

• Like 1

Hey i really like your bridge concept! Will u let me know what you use to model the r-bar!!!!!

I found it really hard to produce an iconic bridge on my layout. For the moment i used standard off the shelf items and plan to add a "stunning" bridge based somewhere in ireland later on when everything is up and running. (thats if they haven't all been sold off when i return home!)

Thanks - but what is an r-bar?

I've just taken a look at Ardagh Layout and looks like you've some good bridges on there - it would be great to see some more recent updates.

Cheers

Phil

Sorry - R-bar is reinforcement bars. The pics of the real bridge had them like spaghetti!

Cheers for the comments on Ardagh! That is is taking a break as it is in eh Ardagh and I am ahh no where near it!

Easter Holidays and some work should be done! I am liking your grass, I take it, it is hanging basket liner. I will lay some of that over the Easter and Green the place up.

Lovely curtains :D ....

Sorry - R-bar is reinforcement bars. The pics of the real bridge had them like spaghetti!

I had sort of guessed that might be what you were talking about but before I made a fool of myself....

Easter Holidays and some work should be done! I am liking your grass, I take it, it is hanging basket liner. I will lay some of that over the Easter and Green the place up.

Yes - hanging basket liner - it is currently just stuck on as is, but I might give it a bit of a hair cut. I found out about Teddy Bear Fur the other day on Upton Dene so might try that too.

Lovely curtains :D ....

Not my work I'm afraid - all I did was the installation, however I think it improves things a lot and stops you getting distracted by all the mess underneath.

Cheers

Phil

Busy with work at the moment so not much progress to report, however while clearing out some old PC and printer boxes, I found some 30mm really strong cardboard tubes that look like they'll become the pillars for the road bridge.

I'm also really loving the DCC operation, and getting used to it more, so much that rather than having 50:50 DCC and DC as was the plan, I might just go all over to DCC, and so tonight, I've been going through my loco's working out which ones can go, and which ones might get converted if they're not DCC ready.

Decisions, decisions....

No real progress over the weekend as I decided to take advantage of the good weather outside in the real world. I'm also still mulling over the DC/DCC split option and also the layout for the big expanse of nothing - the two are sort of related.

Anyway as a bit of a distraction - here's another little video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJlkpHEO5nc

Cheers and thanks for passing by,

Phil

• Like 1

I keep seeing this layout and thinking of a flickr friend of mine and the old bus company he was associated with. You just HAVE to put in one or two 'Berresfords' liveried buses.

Berresford Motors AEC Reliance, TFN 409. (for instance - renown has a huge number of such buses on his stream)

• Like 1

I keep seeing this layout and thinking of a flickr friend of mine and the old bus company he was associated with. You just HAVE to put in one or two 'Berresfords' liveried buses.

http://www.flickr.co...N02/2562324758/ (for instance - renown has a huge number of such buses on his stream)

Fantastic - thanks for the info - I also found this site about the history of the bus and haulage company - http://www.berresfordmotorsofcheddleton.mfbiz.com/

One for my list of things to do I think....

Cheers

Phil

Track planning (again) tonight and liking what I've come up with - the pics I took earlier don't really show it off well so will take some more before uploading.

In the mean time, here's tonight's pic of the latest addition (it's the fork lift truck not the lorry)

post-10336-0-48178700-1302552673_thumb.jpg

Not bad for £1.25 from the toy shop ;-)

• Like 1