• 4 weeks later...

all ok at the Junction Phil?

very quiet recently

Evening, and yes all is now fine thanks. I had to keep a low profile on here and other 'social media' for a while, but that matter was successfully resolved last week, so apart from having to amuse the mini-Beresfords and stop them breaking things, I should be able to crack on.

Am off for a mini meet-up this evening with some RMWebbers and have a play with the trains.

Phil

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon all

A bit of an update for once. Over the weekend I managed to patch up all the bits of woodwork/frame that I'd removed to add the second helix, then have added some greenery to cover it all up. I even worked out how I'm going to finishe the roof on the long building that you can see in the background.

post-10336-0-92125900-1407246349_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-52421200-1407246350_thumb.jpg

I now need to add a quick coat of paint to the front then re-hang my curtains to cover up all the junk underneath.

Phil

Oh and did I mention that I'm thinking of getting back into passenger services :O

• Like 5

Evening folks

The final bit of the roof has been added along with a bit on the apex (I'm sure someone will inform me of what it's called) to vent the fumes out of / cover the dodgy workmanship. It is actully made from tiny little double sided sticky foam bits about 5mm squared that I found in the stationery dept. and thought they'd come in handy for something, which they have done.

post-10336-0-08565400-1407700488_thumb.jpg

Now to the painting - I have tried a sample bit of blue, which looks like its going to need a couple of coats.

post-10336-0-88935600-1407700490_thumb.jpg

I'm actually quite pleased with it.

Phil

• Like 10

A couple of shots of the new yellow arrivals also showing the newly painted building (with part of the roof removed for access).

post-10336-0-32428100-1408224387_thumb.jpg

post-10336-0-35695000-1408224391_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately a couple of the wagons are missing a tiny little bit of metal used for the coupling mechanism (marked red) which should be there (marked green), so I guess they're going to have to go back in the box and be returned.

post-10336-0-79120300-1408224383_thumb.jpg

I also spent today fitting some newly acquired decoders to those locos that had ended up at the back of the storage cupboard, un-loved and un-used - and only managed to fry one decoder with smoke coming out of it :O

Phil

• Like 3

Morning all

As the long shed is nearing the end of the construction, my attention has turned to the other 'shed'. I think I'll give it the same kind of look with bricks at the bottom then cladding.

post-10336-0-14507500-1408439571_thumb.jpg

And yes Ian, I am today.

Phil

Edited by Beresford Junction
  • Like 4

Going back a few pages, better late than never, here's a rubbish picture of the underside of a road bridge taken by my mighty 1.3 megapixel camera phone!

post-9147-0-14880300-1408879776.jpg

the major detail to make it stand out would be the addition of the vibration dampers on top of the cross piece at the tops of the legs that the road deck sits on.

HTH a few months ago....

And when you got fed up with them Neil, did you shoot them up with an Air Rifle or even put bangers in them  :laugh:   ..... I did :locomotive:

Cheers, Bob.

Did have aifix lancaster bomb,which crashed and burst into flames in my mums flower beds in the back garden... :nono:

Edited by class"66"

Going back a few pages, better late than never, here's a rubbish picture of the underside of a road bridge taken by my mighty 1.3 megapixel camera phone!

attachicon.gifIMG0025A.jpg

the major detail to make it stand out would be the addition of the vibration dampers on top of the cross piece at the tops of the legs that the road deck sits on.

HTH a few months ago....

Thanks - I like the jaunty angle.

When I'm back (currently on hols), I'll take a shot of the underside of my bridge, but then again some things are better left to the immagination.

Good news is that it appears a replacement set of yellow NR wagons will await me on my return - hopefully including the tiny little paperclip thingys.

Phil

• Like 4