Modelmania

Railroom Electronics

Rural Railways

Team Track Trading

The Alan Ward Collection

Titfield Thunderbolt Books

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went along today a superb new venue very light and a lot of space. As usual a good selection of layouts and a good spread of traders. Well worth going along to tomorrow if you can. Don`t forget the clocks go forward one hour tonight.

• RMweb Premium

Went today and had a good time , the new venue is so much better than last years , as others have said there was so

much more room tomove about without the bumping and banging that can happen in smaller places , good selection of

layouts that should suit all tastes .

A good selection of trade and demo's , and top notch catering too . What more could you ask for .

Had a chat with George and John on Bedlam Heath who seemed to be having a fun time , it's nice when exhibitors can have

a bit of a natter with the onlookers and still keep some operation going .

In fact several others seemed to share this way of exhibiting their layouts , this makes for a nice day .

If you get the chance to go tomorrow it is well worth the entrance price , and you will be supporting one of the smaller

clubs who put on these local shows and fully deserve it .

Thanks to all who put this show together , see you next year .

Had a chat with George and John on Bedlam Heath who seemed to be having a fun time , it's nice when exhibitors can have

a bit of a natter with the onlookers and still keep some operation going .

In fact several others seemed to share this way of exhibiting their layouts , this makes for a nice day .

I echo that, I spent some time asking questions and chatting to owner or operators of

Bedlam Heath, Villier St, Elm Park, Exmouth, Lindon Rd, and Bruggewasser, without feeling that I was getting in the way.

George (?) was even able to multi-task while shunting Bedlam Heath, I hope I didn't distract too much.

Many thanks chaps, and to the organiser/stewards

cheers

• RMweb Gold

Popped along myself today and must say it was an improvement on previous years.

I turned up on Sunday afternoon and although the car park was fairly full there didn't seem that many visitors inside. Still made it easier for me to photograph and video the layouts!

The Princes hall in Clevedon was never the best venue for a exhibition and in the last few years I have usually disappointed but the new venue proved to be a good move. More space, bigger layouts and I must say a better selection. I didn't realise that a few of the layouts were by members on here or I would have had a chat.

I especially liked Villier Street as it had an unusual viewing angle as it could only be viewed end on.

Bedlam Heath, Exmouth, Coringe Park, Anelian Road/Dovington camp were all excellent but my favourite had to be Fenny bridge - but only because it took me back to my youth with the sounds of the chopper and Rat!

I was a little disappointed by Folly Lane - a good layout but was spoilt by the fact that they only seemed to be able to cope with one moving train at a time , which on a layout of that size made it a little boring - being the only continuous OO gauge Layout I would have expected more movement. The flying Scotsman had real smoke but unfortunately the top of the boiler was covered in oil which made didn't look very good.

I have taken a few short videos and pictures, just needs editing a little and hopefully I'll post it next week.

All in all a good show.

Hello

Multi tasking; easy peasy. Walk, talk and chew gum, we have all the life skills. Thanks for the nice comments and to every-one who said hello and had a chat, glad you enjoyed it. We shall be back in the West Country all singing and dancing in a couple of weeks time at Trainwest. Hope to see you there. We shall also be back at Nailsea in a couple of years time, I hope they still do the pink cream cakes then.

Cheers

George

Archived