Heljan Bargains

D605Eagle

If your looking for a class 26/27 (not green unfortunately) or 58 then pop over to the big box shifter in Liverpool's website for some very very cheap deals, loads to choose from in the sub £50 catigory which in my mind is a super bargain. Just a shame it doesn't include BR green :( Are they having a clearout?

Jim

• RMweb Gold

330/1/2's going for a song too which is great. Have picked up a few myself along with cheap 58's, Hymeks and Westerns previously. They are doing the same for vitrains 47's, some at 36 quid a pop! Thats an unbelievable bargain. They can look really good once detailed up and weathered. Vitrains 37's going for a song too.

A mate of mine has a fairly large roundy layout and went over for a running session last week. He adores his Heljan 26's and 27's as they are really good haulers and as smooth as silk. And people complain that this hobby is getting too expensive? :lol:

Not a new development, Hattons have usually had a selection of BRCWs at good prices for a year or two now

And people complain that this hobby is getting too expensive? :lol:

Oh aye. These particular offers are ones I often use to counter that fallacious comment.

Not a new development, Hattons have usually had a selection of BRCWs at good prices for a year or two now

Oh aye. These particular offers are ones I often use to counter that fallacious comment.

It does make you think that these are either been sold at a loss or somebody is making a real tidy profit even at the well discounted box shifter prices. I just wish I modelled the BR blue era! :(

It is always worth having a careful look at www.ehattons.com from time to time there are always quite a few bargains to be had in all sectors., its certainly not a new development.

Look for example at Bachmann coaches some bargains to be had there , perhaps not in the most popular variants but nevertheless worth a look,

By the same token Hattons sometimes increase prices I bought a Hornby Shark Brakevan a week or so back at £9.50 now they are almost double the price!

The discount ones are pretty old releases so have been sat in Hattons warehouse for a while, the contribution of cost to storing them will be eroding the profit margin hence no doubt the desire to move them on.

Have to say I'm a lil surprised there are similar such deals on the class 86 yet, or maybe that's not for a while yet...

As I mentioned on the Brighton Modelworld thread the Signal Box had these for under £70.00 on their stand at the show.

However it would seem the Freightliner versions are now generally selling out (both Hattons and the Signal Box) possibly followd by Alstom Heritage.

So it will be case of 'beggars cannot be choosers' with the remaining versions.

Archived