Robbie's Rolling Stock

D605Eagle

Came across this lovely little company purely by chance when looking for RTR PO wagons local to me. Basically the guy who runs it Robbie Burns makes various transfers, or he does RTR Dapol wagons in '00' or Peco 'N' guage made up with his transfers, and at £10 a throw, thats damn fine value if you ask me! I was a little worried that they might not be very good quality, but as you can see my worries were unfounded. I'm so impressed I thought I just had to share. So if your modeling pre WW2 layout, or just want some local wagons for display, then look no further, because he has a fantastic choice. Theres bound to be something local to you. Here 4 of 14 I ordered off him the other week. Very quick turn around too.

ROBBIES ROLLING STOCK

P1010005.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

Cheers

Jim

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Has anybody by any remote chance had dealings with Robbie in the last two weeks? I sent him an enquiry about availability of an item using his website's e-mail link on 2nd July and I'm yet to hear anything. I would have phoned to confirm receipt of the message, if he provided a phone number. He could of course be on holiday, in which case he won't want his in-box filled up with repeated messages, but if he has overlooked my enquiry then a reminder must be almost due.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I tried to use Robbies English China Clay Ltd. decals on a Cambrian 1923 5 plank clay wagon and it was totally useless. They are dimensioned for Dapol Private Owner wagons which do not resemble the scale model PO RCH wagons sold by Cambrian and Parkside Dundas.  They are water slide and will require a lot of work to fit tightly over the detail on even a Dapol wagon.  They are okay if you are more of a "Railroad" style modeller and want a specific coal merchant not available anywhere else.

I tried to use Robbies English China Clay Ltd. decals on a Cambrian 1923 5 plank clay wagon and it was totally useless. They are dimensioned for Dapol Private Owner wagons which do not resemble the scale model PO RCH wagons sold by Cambrian and Parkside Dundas.  They are water slide and will require a lot of work to fit tightly over the detail on even a Dapol wagon.  They are okay if you are more of a "Railroad" style modeller and want a specific coal merchant not available anywhere else.

I've used these with good results in 'N'. You just need to use Microsol to soften the transfers then gently press them down with a bit of kitchen roll. They then get in to all the nooks and crannies. In the past I let him know the dimensions of the wagon to be used and he has resized them accordingly for me.

HTH

Gareth

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Received my order of 12 n gauge wagon sides yesterday. I' m very pleased, as free hand lettering in this scale isn't easy!

I ordered 3 of the same company, and Robbie kindly ran off 3 different running numbers for me at no extra cost, plus you get 6 wagons for the price of 5 anyway! Very pleased, and excellent value.

• 3 years later...