FTG Models - SPA wagon - Network Rail

Hugh Flynn

Guest jim s-w

Thanks Hugh

Thats good as it means people can just swap the wheels for EM or P4 ones but also replace the whole wheel unit for sprung ones if they want too.

Thanks for clarification

Jim

Thanks Hugh

Thats good as it means people can just swap the wheels for EM or P4 ones but also replace the whole wheel unit for sprung ones if they want too.

Thanks for clarification

Jim

But I think we've ascertained the solebars are in the wrong place, they should be tucked up behind the sides so the top edge isn't visible. You normally only need 24.5mm approx to fit etched w-irons in place.

Guest jim s-w

We are down to last few bits to finish off

I dont think you are Hugh. You still have major errors that need addressing and some parts are still far from right. I am sorry but you need to know the cad you are posting is a very long way from the pictures people are giving you.

Jim

Sorry Hugh, I'm with Jim on this, there's still major things to be corrected.

I would so like to disagree with the last few posts but there seem to be many problems that have not been addressed.

Is it too late for us to submit more pictures and explain to you what we then see as discrepancies Hugh?

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hugh

Some of the feedback you're getting must seem pretty harsh. Personally, I don't have enough of an eye for some of the finer chassis detail although I sometimes feel that something doesn't look right even if I don;t know why!

It is important to get it right though so......take the constructive comments on board......get it right .....stick with it and, hopefully, the whole venture will be a success and spur you on to greater things.

Just wanted to offer some encouragement as I'm sure I'm not alone in silently wishing you the best with the project.

Hi Chris

Things have all moved along very well and i have addressed issues on sample.

The mould is being worked on for plastic sample.

The decals are being worked on and with a big help from RM Web members for a good shot of Dragon on Cardiff rod mill.

So there will be 2 x railfeight numbers 500 each and 2 x Cardiff rod mill without hood 500 each ,the hood will be in the next batch

Also on with FTG Models box design.

I have included a couple of cad shots to show how these are going along but its the finished model that will count?

And Yes I am still 100% behind my model and look forward to next challange?

Hugh

post-7432-0-31200500-1323645478.png

post-7432-0-64437600-1323645491.png

oh just before you start tooling hughie, do you think you maybe able to include opening doors and also put real chains where the door locks are and working brake levers so when i park the wagon up i can apply the brakes, connectable brake hoses would be a nice touch too even provision for a sound decoder. see you tomorrow at the club mate looking forward to having a few of these on the next layout.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thanks for interest ,It is New Year in China so all quiet for the next few weeks.

Updated info -The hood is away for costing and Bolster wagon being worked on ready for tooling cost.

Hugh

Hi Hugh

Couldn't help noticing the "bolster wagon" reference there, which could mean the SPA fitted with bolsters, or a "bogie bolster".

Have I missed a press release ?

I must congratulate you on your perseverence with this project and guess you have been exasperated at times. The British Railways modeller can seem very fickle at times, but the quest to get as accurate a model onto the shelves, whilst suiting the various track gauges used by a proportion of modellers is paramount.

Well done and keep it up.

Hi Hugh

Couldn't help noticing the "bolster wagon" reference there, which could mean the SPA fitted with bolsters, or a "bogie bolster".

Have I missed a press release ?

I must congratulate you on your perseverence with this project and guess you have been exasperated at times. The British Railways modeller can seem very fickle at times, but the quest to get as accurate a model onto the shelves, whilst suiting the various track gauges used by a proportion of modellers is paramount.

Well done and keep it up.

Is it the SDA, the SPA with sides removed and four bolsters fitted?

• 1 month later...

Hi

yes would be nice but sticking to OO gauge for the time being.

As a update all the tooling is now complete and just waiting for mold 1st sample to be delivered.

Sorry for poor quality photos of mold picture show before the mold was polished?

Hugh

post-7432-0-62140000-1333124154.png

post-7432-0-22253700-1333124168.png

• 1 month later...

Hi

thanks for interest.

I have recieved the first sample from the mould it is starting to look like a SPA I have dry brushed to show some of the detail so hope you can see it on photos.

I have a meeting with cad designer to go through a few points like buffer shank missing, wheel flanges are too big,coupling hook missing?Not major things but

still need to be sorted.

Hugh

post-7432-0-21895900-1337031079.png

post-7432-0-66184600-1337031098.png

Archived