FTG Models - SPA wagon - Network Rail

Hugh Flynn

• 1 month later...

Hello Hugh

Seems to have gone very quiet on the SPA (or have I missed something?). Are you still going to produce these, and if so, an estimated release date yet?

Thanks

Mike

Hi

Since my last post the position is the sample has gone back to China with the corrections we had it to 13 some they had missed out ,1 missing,steps adjustment,coupling correction and sort the wheels/axle out.To be honest some mistakes were theres some ours but I thought it would have been ready months ago but Charlie (dc kits)kept warning me dont expect?

All I can say is that it will come out as i want to progress onto my next wagon.

Hugh

• 1 month later...
Guest jim s-w

Hi hugh

Based on your CAD the entire underframe is wrong! Nothing on a real SPA is lower than the bottom of the W irons but your CAD shows a lot of it far too low.

Has any of this been finalised or (hopefully) is the cad wrong?

HTH

Jim

Whilst not quite as major as what Jim's spotted, I also hope that the typeface on the Cardiff Rod Mill panel is not the final one in the picture above as it's definitely not right. It should also be the same colour as the blue in the twisted wire logo.

HTH

post-7432-0-94016600-1345572518.pngHi

As I did say in a previous post we did find 13 bits on the wagon needing to be sorted which resulted in more tooling work if you look at the steps we have raised the bits to

the upper level of the step then having it re-cut with a new upper step see picture.

The art work has been sent to China dont worry colours and text were sorted.

Two bad things for me were the wheels and axles which require a totally new tooling(not running true).

And we missed the internal cradle from tooling which requires a new tool cutting,

So dont worry it will be delivered and remember it is a learning curve for me and cad designer in what the factory can do for us,but this will make second wagon easier?

Hugh

Are you getting wheels made? I'd have thought you'd find it simpler buying in, but I suppose you have to get them to your manifacturer

Hi

Not just a case of buying in as I have an extended shaft to allow adjustment to EM ,P4 but RP25 profile before anyone asks.

And also cost for 4000 units.

Hugh

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hugh

Thought of this thread whilst at York recently.

Unless I'm dreaming there was a 66 with a rake of BDAs / SPAs on the avoiding line.

I thought....yep.....66 check. BDAs check.....SPAs.....nearly check !

Any updates ?

Regards

Nick

Hi Hugh

Thought of this thread whilst at York recently.

Unless I'm dreaming there was a 66 with a rake of BDAs / SPAs on the avoiding line.

I thought....yep.....66 check. BDAs check.....SPAs.....nearly check !

Any updates ?

Regards

Nick

Hi

All back in China now waiting for mods and painted sample.

Hugh

• 1 month later...

Hi Hugh,

Coming on a treat then now and really looking forward to the painted sample pics :no: the Cardiff Rod Mill ones will be mint but the standard ones will also be in the rakes so i'll be buying both types thats for sure, all mine her are Railfreight with two or three having the nice big logo's on but they'll soon be on ebay when yours arrive;-)

And hopefully everyone has read and understood that you've corrected everything mentioned in the posts so they'll stop asking now and just wait for your painted sample pics! :sungum:

Best Regards

Rich.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have recieved the second sample and given it a quick coat of grey so hope you can pick out some of the detail ,there is now only a few little bits I have noticed which with cad designer

will sort as they are only little things?

This really is to me looking much better

But please remember I have made a removable wooden frame so this can be omitted as some models had the wooden battens removed for ballast filling.

Anyway here are some photos

Hugh

post-7432-0-12224300-1352239180.png

post-7432-0-79222500-1352239196.png

post-7432-0-65914600-1352239211.png

post-7432-0-50666400-1352239224.png

Hi

I have recieved the second sample and given it a quick coat of grey so hope you can pick out some of the detail ,there is now only a few little bits I have noticed which with cad designer

will sort as they are only little things?

Hugh,

Same question as always, what 'little bits' ?

Jon'

• 2 weeks later...

Hugh,

Same question as always, what 'little bits' ?

Jon'

Hi

Sorry for late reply but I would not say anything until sample back in China.

The picture tells you the main 4 bits and as I say next to nothing for them.

So next time it is painted sample.

Hugh

post-7432-0-17283900-1353482761.jpg

Archived