Hornby T9 4 wheel tender issue

Kaine

With derailment issues involving one particular vehicle at points, the first action should always be to check the distance between the backs of the wheels, which should be around 14.4 mm. Manufacturers for the UK market are chronically weak at setting this dimension, which is critical. If it's off, get the tender replaced or adjust the wheels yourself - it's quite easy to do.

If you've already tried this, my apologies.

• RMweb Premium

Check that the middle wheels aren't set too low. If it rocks back and forth that could be the problem. I had to take mine out and file the bearing slot a bit.

• RMweb Gold

As stated above I would first check the back to back on the tender wheels and secondly the pick up wipers as it appears that these are sometimes either bearing too strongly on the wheels or not enough to make them effective as pick ups. I say appears as I have a number of these models and have not had issues with mine, so am advising on other feedback that i have seen / heard.

Hi i'm having issues with the 4 wheel tender on the T9 in the imperial airways set (http://www.Hornby.co...52/product.html) derailing on the peco setrack curved point (rad 3 to 2), any solutions short of swapping the tender ? And is the 3 wheel tender available separately.

I didn't think that any T9s had 4 wheeled tenders, but 4 axle tenders.

OzzyO.

Maybe its for 3rd rail areas and works like the stool.. ;).

Well, it would certainly work like sh*t... :lol:

Now,on a serious note,I would re-iterate what others have advised,check the back-to-back on the wheels and the pressure of the pickups [also applies to the front bogie,and rear bogie on M7's]

Tenders are not available seperately.

Archived