The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Train wreck of an article

Tim H

The irony of that story is that despite sneering at the enthusiasts, he mentions that the films he watched were:

Not of train crashes, near misses, any kind of train bloopers or anything that would be even mildly interesting

I think that says it all really! To be honest, this is a total non-article - it has nothing of substance and is little more than an attack on a group of people the "managing editor" of the newspaper seems to think are below him. However, he goes on to say later in the article:

Although I could name an endless amount of activities someone could do besides filming trains, these railroad dorks aren??™t doing anything to truly harm our society. Just like the geeks that spend all day playing Dungeons & Dragons or World of Warcraft, these aficionados are just doing what they love to do.

So what exactly is his problem?!? Does he think that everyone the world should do something from a hobby point of view that he thinks is worthwhile?

Completely bizarre - and frankly not worth getting hot under the collar about.

Guest Max Stafford

Never mind, I see David Jerkoff or whatever he's called has a wonderful career looming at some two bob tabloid sh1t sheet!

Buffalo's got talent, eh? :P

Wonder what this sad t055er does with his life that's so cool...

Clearly not quality writing. :icon_confused:

:icon_e_biggrin:

Dave.

Guest Max Stafford

Since as been pointed out, Mr Jerkoff has provided his email address, wouldn't it be sooo un-mundane if we forwarded all those emails in our spam folders for ropey pharmacy and unusual farmyard activities to him...?

It would probably appeal to him as a newspaper editor in any case. ;)

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

I think he has it in for everyone thats not like him........ he probably plays golf!! :lol:

Aaaah, golf - a nice walk, spoiled.

Let's face it, we've been an easy target for years - it no longer bothers me like it did. When I'm making a building or a wagon kit or whatever (with some nice prog rock on the hi-fi for accompaniment), I remind myself that others just rely on X Factor or Celebrity Big Brother to fill in their leisure time. I know what I'd rather be doing!

Guest Max Stafford

It's called knowing what you like, Colin. Not liking what you're told to! :icon_thumbsup2:

And I'm not at all concerned by Mr Jerkoff's excuse for an article, I just think self righteous buffoons deserve to get taken down a peg or two! ;)

Dave.

If he is saying that interest in railways is pointless, I agree with him. So is almost every form of human activity imaginable, certainly including all forms of sport and art, for example.

We are here to occupy ourselves until we die, and maybe breed. What a dull world it would be if we just left it at that. Pointless activity is what gives us civilisation and culture.

To be fair, at the end of the article he does say

Although I could name an endless amount of activities someone could do besides filming trains, these railroad dorks aren??™t doing anything to truly harm our society. Just like the geeks that spend all day playing Dungeons & Dragons or World of Warcraft, these aficionados are just doing what they love to do.

Yes he's being dismissive, but it's basically a case of 'found this on You Tube, don't understand the attraction, but they're not doing any harm'. Obviously a slow news day in Buffalo, nothing to get too upset about.

• RMweb Premium

It's called knowing what you like, Colin. Not liking what you're told to! :icon_thumbsup2:

And I'm not at all concerned by Mr Jerkoff's excuse for an article, I just think self righteous buffoons deserve to get taken down a peg or two! ;)

Dave.

Dave, personally I find it a bit disturbing that this individual apparently considers film of train crashes to be "mildly interesting". Methinks there could be quite a few survivors/bereaved out there who might like to take issue with him over that!

If that's the best he can do as a journalist, another career should beckon - anyone got any ideas?

If that's the best he can do as a journalist, another career should beckon - anyone got any ideas?

Full time sp*rm donor perhaps? (The * is instead of an "e". Apparently the censor wont accept it otherwise)

Jim49

• RMweb Premium

Full time sp*rm donor perhaps? (The * is instead of an "e". Apparently the censor wont accept it otherwise)

Jim49

You think he should BREED? God forbid!

Its a bit snide isn't it... but what the heck, diversity is what its all about.

I personally find the strange vocabulary of the bashing fraternity a bit odd and have no desire to video trains but each to their own I say..

Why bother to get indignant - Mr Jarka makes sufficient case for himself being the biggest jerk;

Firstly, he has time to "sit idly" with obviously nothing better or more interesting to do. Secondly, he resorts to "searching" the internet about his home town - nerdy, dull or what? And lastly, he then wastes more time "writing" a waste of space article to attack a group of people he doesn't even know, simply because they found something that interests them.

Sounds like he needs a life. How sad.

G.

Archived