Dapol motive power in 4mm

Tim Hale

Hi,

Has Dapol actually delivered any of the motive power in 4mm or have I missed any of the releases? From memory, there are:

NBL WR Hydraulic BoBo - Stand alone project

LMS Twins - Hattons Partnership

SR Beattie Well Tank - Kernow Partnership

SR Adams 02 - Kernow Partnership

Sentinel - Model Rail Partnership

I was under the impression that the NBL BoBO was a 2010 release but I am guessing that everything is delayed?

DesA

The Class 22 I would guess at being 3 to 4 months away; the Sentinel is probably about the same time. The Well Tank may be just after that and I'd guess the twins will follow on from that.

No specific dates have been given for delivery yet but I know the Sentinel is coming up to the final painted sample stage before the production green light is given.

• RMweb Gold

Add to the list:

NBL class 21/29 only class 29s are firmly promised yet

NBL class 41 Warship in development with Kernow for release later this year

Last but not least the mighty class 52 western which maybe over a year away

The NBL 22s are due May thus year I believe and look outstanding

Neil

Are images of production* models available, if so, where?

Thanks to both who responded

DesA

*Not pre-production but the real thing

• RMweb Gold

Tim

The Beattie Well Tank is at livery sample now and the button for production should be being pressed shortly.

The 02 was originally annouced as being a late 2011 release, but I guess this might end up early 2012 judguing by the process for the BWT

The one you have missed off your list is the Bulleid 10201/2/3 which was announced by Kernow Models at the same time as the 02 but for a late 2012 release.

Kernow Models have made it quite clear that they will take all the necessary time to get things as right as possible rather than rush into production.

Add to the list:

NBL class 21/29 only class 29s are firmly promised yet

NBL class 41 Warship in development with Kernow for release later this year

Last but not least the mighty class 52 western which maybe over a year away

Neil

Talking of which, where did I see a bit about lazer scanning D1015 at Tyseley in the last few days ?

Des

Some images of the 22 at the Mercig studios website

Http://www.mercigstudios.com/news

A limited edition weathered example, but still the production model. Minor livery errors will be corrected. Also images were in a recent Model Rail this year.

Neil

Er umm...as clearly stated on the Mercig website, this is a pre-production model..........?

DesA

• RMweb Gold

Des

Some images of the 22 at the Mercig studios website

Http://www.mercigstudios.com/news

A limited edition weathered example, but still the production model. Minor livery errors will be corrected. Also images were in a recent Model Rail this year.

Neil

All a bit strange in some respects as the weathered version of the D63XX is - and always has been - licenced to Kernow Model Centre and has long been their project (although it seems to have, er, slipped by them so to speak in the published info about the Mercig sample) and any production decision will come from them when they have been given a price - which they haven't as yet (all that is effectively from the horse's mouth as I was chatting to Chris about it at the Basingstoke show today). I also understood from our chat that once deliveries of the Well tank are underway it will be into top gear for the D6XX.

• RMweb Gold

Er umm...as clearly stated on the Mercig website, this is a pre-production model..........?

DesA

OK I'll rephrase that for you - a very very late pre-production shot.rolleyes.gif

As far as I am aware only minor adjustments will be made largely only to livery inaccuracies.

I did provide all information you asked for as well, sorry if it wasn't up to scratch.

Neil

Guest Belgian

OK I'll rephrase that for you - a very very late pre-production shot.rolleyes.gif

As far as I am aware only minor adjustments will be made largely only to livery inaccuracies.

Neil

Presumably including those numbers.

JE

Isn't that dependent on the number of pre-orders though? If I remember rightly they said they'd only go ahead with enough to make it viable. Which possibly means it has stalled somewhat. In this day and age I'd guess most people would want to see at least some sort of production example before putting their money down.

Archived