Fareham MR exhibition 20th march.

cruiseaholic

• RMweb Premium

This should be of more use to you:

Link to the Venue's website, giving exhibition details.

Cheers,

Dave

It would be if it actually gave some details of "working layouts in all sizes, static displays and demonstrations by wellknown modellers, and society stands." - other than adding opening times (which I could have added from the info in RM) it really is pretty useless!

• RMweb Premium

Hi Kenton, selectively quoting?

No idea

Perhaps your venom should be directed to the exhibition organisers, not at someone who has tried to help the OP with a link which showed the venue, date, time, and price. As a starting link, I don't think mine was that bad.

Cheers,

Dave

Perhaps I was abrupt.

But my "No idea" was in response to the question "just wondered if worth attending?"

to which your answer actually provided no further information.

where-as at least by providing the contact email for the show manager, I did at least provide the only, still, route to obtaining further details.

But I agree the show organisation doesn't seem up to much if they can't provide the basics - or even a post in the exhibition thread.

I guess that does assume that they have heard of RMWeb - but then they don't see that keen on anyone hearing about them.

Looks like a very local show, near enough for me to go to - but frankly I can't be bothered if they can't.

Knowing the organisers as fellow Talyllyn volunteers, I suspect that they have not heard of RMWeb - and that'll be it, purely and simply. It's been going for years and raises money for the TR - and thus, being biased, is worth attending for that reason alone. B)

Knowing the organisers as fellow Talyllyn volunteers, I suspect that they have not heard of RMWeb - and that'll be it, purely and simply. It's been going for years and raises money for the TR

That is excellent justification of not putting information on RMWeb but doesn't justify the complete lack of the relevant information on their website page.

Failure to provide that simple information on what layouts would be there has lost them at least one contributor to their cause.

Publicity and promotion are not a strong feature of model railway events in this neck of the south coast woods.

The Talyllyn Fareham exhibition is just one example, the Fareham & District MRC exhibitions (Wickham included) another.

It's a few years since I last went to the Talyllyn show in Fareham (it's only a couple of miles down the road too), but there have been many times in the past when it clearly beat the Portsmouth and Fareham shows for the quantity and quality of content. However the last one I went to wasn't very good.

I might find time to pop in tomorrow morning before I have to do some work, but on the other hand tomorrow is the Eastleigh Lakeside Steam Gala with some 20+ locos expected to be in steam. Hmmm? which one?

• RMweb Premium

Ron, you just made our minds up for us. Lakeside is a comfotable amble, then on to his mum's for tea, just up the road. We haven't done Fareham fo a few years but it was ok then. Christopher Awdry used to have a stand there doing signings.

Pete

Christopher Awdry used to have a stand there doing signings.

I used to go regularly to this exhibition when my son was younger (he's grown up and not interested anymore), but I haven't been for 8 years or so.

I can remember Mr Awdry sitting there all forlorn with nobody approaching him. I don't think half the "punters" knew who Thomas the Tank Engine was, never mind the authors son.

I've been going to this show for many years as visitor, operator and exhibitor. In my experience it has always been an excellent and friendly show that attracts some good exhibits. The £4.50 entry fee is well worth it and of course the profits go to maintaining one of the most delightful railways in Britain and probably the world (I'm not biased as I'm actually a Ffestiniog member).

As usual the information has been published in the exhibition diary section of Railway Modeller.

As usual the information has been published in the exhibition diary section of Railway Modeller.

But still not adding the critical information of what is actually there!

I hope they make a little more effort to attract punters next year - but somehow I think they will not, and deserve the lower attendance and missed opportunity.

Hi,

I have been to this show many times, and always found it friendly and well planned.

Maybe more detail should be given out but I suspect in the current days of litigation, you can be 'done' if things dont turn up and you have advertised this. Same with number of layouts, have known shows that have been forced to give refunds to public because they hadnt got the correct number of layouts or stands present as noted on the posters.

Maybe an advertising discusson group??

Archived