Daves Railway Archives images are moving to flickr

• RMweb Gold

As many of you know I have had images in Daves Railway Archive, Daves North West Railway Archive etc on fotopic. I know some of you use them for reference, others just like looking at the photos.

As fotopic is not around now I am moving the images (and captions) to flickr.

The galleries will now be found at: http://www.flickr.co...os/davidwf2009/

So far only some images have been uploaded - I'm afraid it takes time as I have to re attach the captions from the downloads I (fortunately) did from fotopic after the last outage.

Do keep looking, they will all appear in time.

You may find searching not totally reliable at first because I will not have time to use flickr tags until later on.

The link is also given in the "Links" section of RMWeb.

post-5613-0-34968900-1300462451_thumb.jpg

Radcliffe on Trent 2 Class 25s Nottingham to Skegness 16th Aug 75

post-5613-0-94359300-1300462456_thumb.jpg

Nottingham Victoria B1 61159 up pass 1950

David

It is good to see collections like yours being re-posted already, as you fotopic victims bite the bullet. In a hobby where photographic evidence is priceless, you all do us a favour, thanks.

Can't put it better than that - huge respect to you Dave, and anyone else who makes the time for such a labour of lovegood_mini.gif

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Trisonic, Western Sunset, many thanks for the comments

Some more images should be going onto flickr later today or sometime on Sunday,

David

Nice to see you're back. I'm still deliberating over what to do with mine but it is alot of work and I don't really have the time at present. The problem is I didn't regularly check my fotopic site to see if people were still looking at the images so I'm not sure whether it will be worth the effort. Anyway Dave you're pictures of a certain ironstone branch really inspired me so keep them coming. Best Wishes, Grahame

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see you're back. I'm still deliberating over what to do with mine but it is alot of work and I don't really have the time at present. The problem is I didn't regularly check my fotopic site to see if people were still looking at the images so I'm not sure whether it will be worth the effort. Anyway Dave you're pictures of a certain ironstone branch really inspired me so keep them coming. Best Wishes, Grahame

HI Grahame,

I think it would be very worth it, I'm very surprised how many hits I am already getting on flickr (over 3,500 yesterday), some are from people I have already corresponded with, but a lot are from enthusiasts/modellers I haven't come across before.

But yes, it does take time, even though all my images are in files ready to re upload and all I have to do is attach the right captions from a Word document.

But please do put them up when you get time, you have a lot of great images.

David

David,

What I like particularly are your photos on my old stomping ground around Shenfield on the old GER. One of the less fashionable areas for photographers in the London area. I can only guess because of the early adoption of OLE on the system? Dunno. An interesting line with plenty of firsts.

Best, Pete

Archived