Chivers Finelines N gauge

finelines

Thanks to Roger and Ben for their replies. At the risk of veering well off-topic, I suppose that the other, related question would be "how true is it that a manufacturer can adapt existing tools to produce another, similar prototype (a different sub-class, say, or a coach of the same "family", or whatever"? That's another thing you often read about, in the sense of people assuming (or asserting) that it's easy.

Jim

• RMweb Premium

Hi Bernard,

Roger already said it was the ex VDA Sea Urchin he had been working on in OO.

If that chassis was made available in N....

There are a lot of bodies that could go on it!

Thanks

Hi

However the 2mm SA already do this chassis as has already been mention further up this thread and it fits perfectly under Bernard's VDA van. The same chassis etch can also be used under the VCA, VAB, SAA, OCA, OBA and probably others I have forgotten. Its part number 2-380 on the association web site.

Photo of the etch here

http://www.2mm.org.uk/products/shops.php?shop_num=2

Scroll down to 2-380 and click the camera icon

Cheers

Paul

I can see how that will fit the OAA/SAA/VAA/VBA/VCA and VDA (and rebuilds thereof), but the OBA, OCA and SPA are about a foot longer, though sharing the same wheelbase (and the SPA solebar is a simpler shape). Are there bits in there to extend it behind the headstocks (those two bits in the bottom corners, perhaps)?

• RMweb Premium

I can see how that will fit the OAA/SAA/VAA/VBA/VCA and VDA (and rebuilds thereof), but the OBA, OCA and SPA are about a foot longer, though sharing the same wheelbase (and the SPA solebar is a simpler shape). Are there bits in there to extend it behind the headstocks (those two bits in the bottom corners, perhaps)?

Hi

Ah perhaps I have remembered incorrectly and the OBA, OCA arn't included. I will dig out my instructions tonight and check.

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Ah perhaps I have remembered incorrectly and the OBA, OCA arn't included. I will dig out my instructions tonight and check.

Cheers

Paul

Hi

I've just checked the instructions and the OBA / OCA are mentioned but these use the Chivers solebar parts to overlay the etched inner frame instead of using the etched solebars.

Cheers

Paul

Archived