North Ballachulish

Andy C

Yes that was a eureka moment when I discovered the abundance of special chairs - I may be donating the spare ones to a friend whos not using B7 not B8 turnouts on his EM layout - all he needs is the S1 chairs and some slide chairs to complete another point!!

Thanks for the tip about the under gauge potential - although being naturally cautious with point building I wouldnt be just relying on the accuracy of the fitting of the chairs on the pips, although Im led to understand this is fairly accurate.

• 4 months later...

Good grief its nearly 5 months since I actually did anything on the layout!

Not strictly true as Ive been doing a bit of stock work and laying a cork base on board 1 for the track, but no major things done as New Hey has been out at Glasgow and Ally Pally and has needed some routine maintenace along with the stock in preparation for these shows - coupled recently with a new project to increase the capacity in the fiddleyards which is ongoing. Then add to that band and two major contests (Yeahh we won the Butlins Mineworkers Contest for our section), then an expose in the Daily Wail and subsequently on BBC1s Newsnight programme relating to work, which has required my full attention, has made life a bit hectic to say the least and modelling time in short supply.

Then this week a copule of things happen to remind me I do have a layout to build, first I have to change my car next month due to the works lease deal ending, the requirement for my new purchase was that it had to fit in it a Bass bb Tuba, two Border Collies - just in case Debs reads this! :

post-6679-0-17049500-1336657343_thumb.jpg

and North Ballachulish, thankfully not all at the same time. That got sorted this week with an order for a Freelander 2 being put in to a Landy dealer ( regular readers of course know I already possess the tweed jacket).

Secondly and of direct relevance was a Post Office card telling me I had a package to pick up as its too big for the letterbox. That of course hadnt stopped the cretin of a postperson actually trying to put it through and damaging the contents of course. I picked it up from the postie this morning and to my delight its from the National Records of Scotland and the plans for the station buildings on the Ballachulish extension. On opening them what an absolute treasure - the NRO had thanfully copied them in colour, and they are a veritable work of art. If it wasnt for the tw.... of a postman I'd have it framed. The plan is so big its difficult to get on one sheet and photo it properly - well without doggy assistance anyway which would damage the plan further - but at least you can see what a lovely building it is - and see the massive crease courtesy of the Post Office.

post-6679-0-72729200-1336657386_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-06712800-1336657432_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-86288300-1336657473_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-57850800-1336657513_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-16066300-1336657552_thumb.jpg

post-6679-0-94842100-1336657696_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hi there

It's a real shame about the crease - and you're right, that picture deserves framing.

I'd be tempted to crease up the whole thing, then iron it out flat and frame it and hope that the creasing just made it look old!!!

cheers

Ben A.

Things are starting to happen then,plans look great except for the crease,we had a quite valuable parcel dumped in our wheely bin by an idiot so called posty.Just recently aquired a dvd on the Oban line,Crianlarich to Oban good area to model, oh by the way the dogs look good. Chris.

• 7 months later...

Archived