Webcam at Fostoria, Ohio

Northpoint

I stood and watched the BNSF mainline in Arizona for a few hours and not one train was made up of all BNSF locos........in fact the only train with the same "branding" was a N&S collection of 4 locos.

The train you saw with a single coach was probably an engineers inspection train - the N&S Directors special is something else indeed.

Best, Pete.

I've been watching this on and off for a while now and it's been as expected, CSX and NS. BUT, tonight (a few minutes ago) on the NS line (L to R) was a train with an NS and a UP loco (9166 - C40-8). Is it usual to see trains with two different company's locos?

EDIT, the bubblegum smilie is meant to be an 8.

It's not at all uncommon to have a mixture of engines on the front, but something like this is unusual. A Norfolk Southern train with 7 engines, none of them NS!

I've just watched a CSX container train go through. 75 loads, 20 empties - and a single unit! It was not breaking any speed limits.:lol:

Does anyone else have any problem opening the audio link to the Fostoria scanner stream, here? The last few days Windows Media Player says that it doesn't have the required codec and Quicktime doesn't work either.

• RMweb Gold
Does anyone else have any problem opening the audio link to the Fostoria scanner stream, here? The last few days Windows Media Player says that it doesn't have the required codec and Quicktime doesn't work either.

The media server is down. See: http://audioserv01.g...slive.com:25104

"Server Status: Server is currently down."

Martin.

laugh1.gif i also saw the guy who was patiently waiting for the said train to slowly move away only to find another was coming the other way, i think his words were " GAWD DANG IT " as he swung his arm laugh1.gif, even my missus is hooked, gotta be more interesting than eastenders

• RMweb Premium

Can't believe (well maybe I can) what I've just seen, someone crossed the near tracks and UNDER a stopped train on the far track... blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

I've seen this happen at least twice in the last month. I can't wait until the crossing re-opens and watch the idiot motorists playing chicken as the barrier falls. I'm waiting for one to 'catch a train'. dry.gif

• RMweb Premium

The NS 'directors special' is due to pass in front of the camera sometime this afternoon or evening (UK time). The site will be down for approx. 24 hours from 1 o'clock Thursday morning, again UK time.

Archived