Webcam at Fostoria, Ohio

Northpoint

• RMweb Premium

A steam locomotive is expected to pass through today, some time this afternoon UK time. The bad news is that the camera is off air. The owner of the building to which the camera is attached apparently no longer wants the camera there and has pulled the plug!

A steam locomotive is expected to pass through today, some time this afternoon UK time. The bad news is that the camera is off air. The owner of the building to which the camera is attached apparently no longer wants the camera there and has pulled the plug!

Iv'e just tried to get on and got a site deleted message

webbo

• RMweb Premium

Regrettably I can confirm that the camera is no longer to be placed on the 'Rail Bar' overlooking the diamond. However a new position for the camera will be sought. On a lighter note perhaps here is a short clip of the steam loco # 765 that was due to pass through Fostoria about now >>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylX7_j7HF6E

• 4 weeks later...

Great news. The diamond crossing at Fostoria is a great place for railfanning whilst viewing from the comfort of home some 3000 miles away.

Was the owner of the website able to recover his camera equipment from the outside of the Rail Bar building?

I personally do not find the location of the other cam at Cresson half as interesting as the Fostoria location.

I look forward to the new camera and feed being available soon.

CSX are pretty public relation minded so I hope that they don't try and strike too hard a bargain. Their adverts were all over the TV this past weekend ("How far we can transport a ton of Freight with a gallon of Fuel?")

Best, Pete.

Yes, Mike did recover his equipment. The depot belongs to CSX and negotiations are still on going so it may be quite a few weeks before its back.

Pleased to hear that the equipment has been recovered I believe Mike had only recently upgraded the equipment when the " plug was pulled "

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ah well, it was good while it lasted. I'd happily pay to access it, but $100 per year is way too steep, I'll probably keep an eye on it to see if the bloke sees sense and drops the price to something more reasonable though.

Archived