The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Age of RMweb Users

JZjr

150 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

I remember three years ago I voted on a topic similar to this, at 13 I was one of the youngest if not the youngest member.

Now, 16, I know that there are many more young members than there were three years ago and I was just interested in the average age.

Ah good a 21 - 25 bracket. Dont like those websites that use 25 - 30 instead! makes me feel old!

Where the divisions occur is just one of those strange side-effects of the number system we use, remember we actually start counting at zero :O When counting samples of the whole population in five year bands, you would normally start with 0-4, then 5-9, and so on. So, 20-24 and 25-29 would be the normal expectation. That way, at least, you wouldn't be counted with the 30+ group and I wouldn't be counted with the 60+ group :rolleyes: The 25-30 you mention is just weird because it is a six year band.

The bands here are also poorly chosen. Just think for a minute what you could do if you were ten years old...

Nick

• RMweb Gold

Another 'sixteener' here!

Certainly is an interesting topic, of course, 16% of the population are retired. Us young'uns are having to support all that ageing population in the future!

Still, doesn't seem to be many of them modelling, but then again, I suppose most don't have access to the internet/a computer?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived