Ford Model T

post-6220-0-81742300-1303191783_thumb.jpg

post-6220-0-54408200-1303191769_thumb.jpg

I found this beaten up model of a Model Ford T (1919), it is diecast so it would be a suitable heavy

body donor to make into a railcar mounting it on a little Bachmann chassis.

What scale is it? I want it to be 4mm to the foot.

It has ' Made in Holland ' underneath and is by EFSI.

This is the data I have found about T Fords on T'internet;

Wheels 30" x 3 1/2"

Wheelbase 100" { this model is 33 mm }

Tread { I think this means width over wheels ? } 56" or 60" in Southern states.

Built from 1909 to 1927

• RMweb Premium

Efsi like Matchbox made models in different scales to 'fit the box'. As Penlan said it is 1/64 'S' scale. Efsi also made a Commer van that was near enough 1/76 scale.

Edit If you are looking for a model 'T' in 1/76 try the 'Harbutts' vintage car series. These were small plastic kits given away in petrol stations and can some times be found at swapmeets for a £ or so. There are also some plastic kits of model t's that are near to 1/76 (on the box it says 1/72) from eastern Europe available through Hannatts.

Harbutts model T is bang on 00,as are a couple of others in the range like the Bull nose Morris, the Bentley is 3mm. there were about twelve in the series called Replicars they came in a box with some plasticine as well,Later they were given away by Jet petrol in the late 70,s they are quite easy to build and hack around to make reasonable models of old cars.

• RMweb Premium

Harbutts model T is bang on 00,as are a couple of others in the range like the Bull nose Morris, the Bentley is 3mm. there were about twelve in the series called Replicars they came in a box with some plasticine as well,Later they were given away by Jet petrol in the late 70,s they are quite easy to build and hack around to make reasonable models of old cars.

Yes they are nice little models. The eastern European models look as if they have been copied from the Harbutts model. They also produce a model of the later model T as well as a Mack truck.

Archived