The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

is it me?

tetleys

...I don't, so it works well for me! :D

Right then, we should start a campaign of commenting on your blog so that you can join in the moaning about the lack of notifications :lol:

Seriously, though, the failure of notifications was a real pain. I'm not sure if it is still not happening for me as I haven't posted for a month or so.

Nick

Right then, we should start a campaign of commenting on your blog so that you can join in the moaning about the lack of notifications :lol:

Seriously, though, the failure of notifications was a real pain. I'm not sure if it is still not happening for me as I haven't posted for a month or so.

Nick

I quite enjoy going on RMweb to check my blog. I'm not bothered about the comments particularly as that's not why I write the blog. I write it because I enjoy modelling, I enjoy blogging, and I enjoy writing. The email notifications, added to things like Facebook/Twitter/Blogger/plus the plethora of other websites, just clogs up my inbox. I took it on myself to turn off notifications on all the forums I'm on - gives me a reason to come back, read through topics and boards and generally keeps my interest.

I can understand fully mind, that for answering questions/asking them notifications can be incredibly useful. That's not necessarily a fault of the blogs, mind.

Overall I have no reason to complain about any of the three systems of threads/blogs/showcase as they work well enough for me. Blogs is my preference as it's what I am used to, but I do feel its potential is yet to be tapped into by many of the blog users.

And to quantify, I mean those who may have the content, but no index of projects for people to go back through.

You can of course, "view all entries" or similar when on someone's blog, but an index is less time consuming, and allows you to go from entry to entry without going back to a central hub of sorts.

Andy, (I'm in learn something new mode) I didn't know that existed - and that's probably because, having tried "mousing over" the area, this cat just can't see it.

Perhaps there are variations from browser to browser and that's how it works on Andy's PC, but on all the PCs I use I have to click that icon, not just hover over it. Does that work?

Dave, I too have to click on that icon, hovering over the entry only makes it visible. The reason Kenton cannot see it is, I suspect, that he probably has JavaScript disabled in his browser and this "feature" is implemented in a script.

Nick

• RMweb Gold

I too have yet to crack a blog. As in how to read one and sometimes why I should read one.

Blast! Blast! Blast! I waste enough time on RMweb without reading blogs as well, and now you lot have drawn me in. More time wasted looking at other people's stuff instead of getting much needed practice on my own stuff.

Perhaps there are variations from browser to browser and that's how it works on Andy's PC, but on all the PCs I use I have to click that icon, not just hover over it. Does that work?

OK to be more helpful, and I should have posted the browser type, Firefox 4.0 (Win 7).

I still can't see any images like that one - if it is there as a mouseover (then judging by the usual way IPB tries to do things) the I'll lay odds on it being javascripted rather than a simple :hover functionality that could be done in css. It is of course even odder that I can see the other one against time of last post. I suspect there are a lot of these inconsistencies around the software. But the ones I don't know exist don't really bother me. It is the ones that face me every time I load a page that really irritate especially when I (an old out of date no-longer professional) know I could do it better.

Thanks Grumpies,

I didn't realise I'd generate such interest>

But wait! I thinks I've just found FOUR BLOGGS in our new house.

Sorry chaps, it's the dislexia again.

FOUR BLOGGS should read four [u]BOGS [/u]my brother has just finished 'First fix plumbing'and we've got a cloakroom and three other WC's.

I'll catch up later and try my best to join the rest of you in the 21st century.

Victor.

RMweb has lost its stimulating railway modelling flavour. Whether this is due to actual modelling being hived off to Showcase I dont know (I don't understand how to navigate that website). But I do know a diet of games and general chat are not my hobby.

Archived