What are people actually doing with T scale

• RMweb Premium

That is a fantastic wagon edubs. Can you get wheels that are small enough to fit it if you were to get it built without them?

That is a fantastic wagon edubs. Can you get wheels that are small enough to fit it if you were to get it built without them?

The standard T gauge wheels are pretty small (too small in many cases!) as they are based on Japanese bogie commuter stock.

Thanks Kris, I'm intending to get a few Bogies to see what can be done with them in regard to stretching them and putting them under wagons, they seem to be available quite cheaply as spares from Tgauge.co.uk , or alternatively I have good contacts in Japan. I made this wagon just as a quick experiment really a couple of years ago, I think that I could do a bit better if I wanted to. Now that it appears T gauge is starting to take off a bit, I think it's worth having a go at.

Eddie.

PS. If someone starts a T gauge group I'll be there

Guest Belgian

Ooh - My layout would fit on 4 doors! I cant believe that it would ever have any real wow factor though if I am honest.

Cheers

Jim

Wow! If one door in T is 36x12 foot in 4mm scale, is your layout 72X24 foot then? I'd love to see such a massive layout! (I don't think I could even see a T scale one now).

JE

Guest jim s-w

Hi JE

At the moment its only 62 ft long but as its still in planning it might well end up 72 feet yes.

Cheers

Jim

I'm thinking of modelling the Interurban "Chicago, South Shore & South Bend" or Pacific Electric in T, or (and here's the recent thought), the 3' Soller Railway in 1:305 or 1mm/ft. The latter would depend on whether T gauge chassis are available with bogies reasonably close together, or if a single chassis could pull a decent train, as I've heard three unpowered coaches are about the maximum for a single power unit.

• RMweb Gold

It is too small for me to work in but when I saw the guitar case layout the T gauge supplier had at York this year I did think that painted blue the boxy units would look close enough to represent Southern 3rd rail electrics for someone to have a go at a south London setting in T (i.e circa 1968). The bit just on the Waterloo/Victoria end of Clapham Junction for example where the lines all loop about on viaducts and underpasses. The off putter though on that demo-stand, and as mentioned above, is they go too fast to look realistic.

I'm thinking of modelling the Interurban "Chicago, South Shore & South Bend" or Pacific Electric in T, or (and here's the recent thought), the 3' Soller Railway in 1:305 or 1mm/ft. The latter would depend on whether T gauge chassis are available with bogies reasonably close together, or if a single chassis could pull a decent train, as I've heard three unpowered coaches are about the maximum for a single power unit.

See www.t-gauge.net for fairly good diagrams of them.

I've tried stretching bogies without success so far. The power units are also very hard to shorten much because the plastic won't glue and also there isn't a lot of empty space in them anyway, the mechanism is nearly full length.

• 4 years later...
  • RMweb Gold

As discussed elsewhere on the Forum, there is a project to build a new Parkway station at Wilton, on the GW (WSW) route from Westbury to Salisbury.

I am thinking that to promote this scheme, the local Business Chamber should have a working model and clearly T scale would be the way to go as there is a large car park to include.

I think that I have seen that Class 158 units are available already and elswhere on the Forum someone has made moving roadway that would be brilliant for the car park and P+R buses.

Archived