Missing West countrry's ?

darren01

HI All

I have been looking at the Hornby site and have noticed that the west country’s are no longer listed , they do not even have Blanford Forum listed any more ?

The only ones they have on their list are the rail exchange ones and the Fire works pack

They do not have listed any BR West Country’s , do not understand why Hornby have dropped them from their range , Blanford only came out a few months ago !.

All the best

Darren

Darren,

Various items seem to come and go in the Hornby range, the Q1 has only just re-emerged after a three year absence. It is a result of the ethos of just in time manufacturing using batch rather than continuous production and only certain 'core' products remain on sale, it is normal practice for other manufacturers.

The bottom line is to buy when available rather than wait.

DesA

I wonder if they're off being retooled to facilitate a speaker and pin connector in the tender? So far only one Southern loco has been released with sound - a Bullied Pacific would be a logical choice for 2012.

Obviously they can't keep every line in production all of the time...

If there is a particular item you are after, a web search may prove successful, even if it only leads to an E-Bay listing.

Or put in a ( free !) 'wanted' post...chances are a fellow forum member may have the very item you're after

• RMweb Premium

As well, if you're after one and Hornby no longer list them try the retailers. There's often some around sitting on shelves. I wouldn't buy direct from Hornby given a choice. Most retailers offer at least some discount from the list price; Hornby themselves charge full RRP.

Archived