Availability of Ratio signalling parts

I'm having a lot of trouble finding details about availability of Ratio kits online; so few places seem to stock much of the range and I can find no complete catalogue of what's available. I'm working my way through a couple of old LMS signal kits (#476 - makes around four assorted signals each) and have a couple of Pratt Truss gantries to tackle at some point. The problem is that the kits contain far too few distant arms or assorted dolls of the right size. Are these available separately or is there another not too expensive manufacturer that caters for people wanting bits for making complex signalling gantries?

The gantries I am making models of are this gantry and this gantry.

Thanks in advance.

• RMweb Gold

I'm having a lot of trouble finding details about availability of Ratio kits online; so few places seem to stock much of the range and I can find no complete catalogue of what's available. I'm working my way through a couple of old LMS signal kits (#476 - makes around four assorted signals each) and have a couple of Pratt Truss gantries to tackle at some point. The problem is that the kits contain far too few distant arms or assorted dolls of the right size. Are these available separately or is there another not too expensive manufacturer that caters for people wanting bits for making complex signalling gantries?

The gantries I am making models of are this gantry and this gantry.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know how things are with Ratio nowadays but back in Roger Webster's time they were usually quite happy to supply extra sprues (e.g one containing the arms) if you asked nicely. As I often saw Roger at shows I was never involved in obtaining anything by post but simply let him know in advance what I was after and if one was available it would be ready to picked up at the next mutually convenient show. Although Roger and I were long established friends from work many years earlier I do know that he tried to extend a similar courtesy to others if possible and the prices charged were always very reasonable (or less if it was for damaged sprues). So it might be worth contacting them although I can't give you any names as all the folk I knew there have retired or moved on.

They're located in Buckfastleigh, Devon

Ratio House

Mardle Way

Buckfastleigh

TQ11 0NR

01364 642764

Give them a call... I've always found them helpful and I'm pretty sure they still make the kits

Thanks for the replies. I'll try contacting Ratio directly, as supplies even from those retailers who list Ratio products seems to be that only one or two kits are actually in stock.

Unfortunately the way that the sprues are laid out, the arms are within a larger sprue that also contains most of the rest of the kits. If Ratio did do arms separately (which it appears they do not) it would be useful to have them as a sprue containing a large assortment of just arms.

Archived