Modelzone discount HST packs

Holborn also had a few new bargains today, R2883 60040 Territorial Army for £82.99 and R2781XS sound 56127 for 99.99! Both Sound ckass60's were reduced to £149.99 (i think) They also had east midland and cross contry mk3's for 18.99 and lots of wagons in the sale.

Are Hornby having a clearout?

Yikes thats great value for the sound Grid. No sign of it online unfortunately.

I was surprised to see it at that price, no idea of the stock level though. Holborn store seems to get items in stock way after they are deleted, they've just put 50035 from the first batch in their display cabinet!

• RMweb Gold

they certaily dont have the grid in birmingham, at that price i'd have grabbed one earlier today, they have the grand central and gner hst's dcc fitted for £99 though as well as a few Hornby units and steamers

Holborn store seems to get items in stock way after they are deleted, they've just put 50035 from the first batch in their display cabinet!

Bought the NRM Flying Scotsman for £76.99 from there today (only one in stock). Particularly good as the real thing has just been in the news. I'm not really in-to 'kettles' although this version fits nicely in-to a D&E era (with the obligatory Class 67 at the other end of the train). Also a good stable mate for Tornado.

50035 still there at the time of today's visit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Holborn also had a few new bargains today, R2883 60040 Territorial Army for £82.99 and R2781XS sound 56127 for 99.99! Both Sound ckass60's were reduced to £149.99 (i think) They also had east midland and cross contry mk3's for 18.99 and lots of wagons in the sale.

Wow, mega bargains! Wish could stumble across a deal like that! Last time I was in London before X-mas I recall R2883 being £129.99!

• RMweb Gold

Got a Army 60 from Modelzone last week, half tempted by the sound 60 as well for a bit of body swapping.

Argos' outlet shop on eBay is doing First Great Western neon mk3's for £15.98 (once you add postage).

I'm afraid the last DCC sound 56 at Holborn was bought by me last week...

Was in the Kingston branch today, and they still have the 'Army' class 60...also of interest was the LNER L1 ( R2912 ? ) at £63, though this is not shown on website...

A local department store also had a sound class 60 at £133, down from £190 as it was 'old stock' - even took another 10% off for cash.

Does suggest a bit of a clearout....

• RMweb Gold

Are they just having a good clear out, or is Model Zone in finical trouble? Seems a bit unlike them to cut the price by so much. I've bought a couple of things from them before which I have considered bargains, (10% less than Hattons), but this clear out is huge compared with the usual level.

Regards,

Nick.

Argos' outlet shop on eBay is doing First Great Western neon mk3's for £15.98 (once you add postage).

Thanks for the heads up on the FGW Mk3s. Just got myself the last 2 TSOs :)

.... Model Zone....this clear out is huge compared with the usual level.

Amazing clear out, though to me from poping into Modelzone weekly, looking today its more just getting rid of stock they have had on the shelves for ages. I got myself a Wrexham and Shropshire 67/DVT pack for only £89.99. Of course ill be selling it straight away part of a pack with some silver coaches i have sprayed on that famous auction site. But i was in the store and just couldnt resist, such amazing bargin. I think i might go back tomorrow and get myself my first Hornby 60 if they are half price :O

Whats interesting in all this is assuming Argos and Modelzone are making a small profit or selling at cost how much profit is being made on some of this stuff being sold at regular or even discounted price by the box shifters..

I have seen HST sets at £150 plus...

Sound Class 56's and 60's at £180 plus..

Hornby MkIII's typically go for £19 plus..

Its a good time to buy... :yahoo:

Are they just having a good clear out, or is Model Zone in finical trouble? Seems a bit unlike them to cut the price by so much. I've bought a couple of things from them before which I have considered bargains, (10% less than Hattons), but this clear out is huge compared with the usual level.

Modelzone stock is on sale or return to Hornby so its more Hornby clearing standing stock than any financial troubles.

• RMweb Gold

Modelzone stock is on sale or return to Hornby so its more Hornby clearing standing stock than any financial troubles.

Oh I didn't know that. Thank you that makes a lot clearer now!

Regards,

Nick.

Archived