USA & Canadian Layouts

Hi guys,

I think most of you are already familar with my layout 'CSX Palmetto Spur'.

For those not familiar, the layout plan, pics, videos and more

can be found in Overseas Modelling - CSX Palmetto Spur

post-7898-0-68928500-1306242814_thumb.jpg

regards,

Mal

I am also just starting to build another US switching layout (OH NO!!!!!! Not another US shunty plank!!!!yes.gif), but with a difference - I want to use it as a tutorial for other members of RMweb and anyone else who may be interested. I receive a lot of questions on the techniques I have used on Harrington and would like to share them with others - what do you think and where should I post the step by step guide? This also means I will have something different for TVNAM next year if Nick will have me backpleasantry.gif.

Jez,

I think this is a great idea and all credit to you for the suggestion.

I'm sure there are many, either new to the hobby, or those simply wanting to start a project, but are daunted by the prospect of acquiring the

different skills required in layout building. Simple techniques can be used and a small switching layout is a great way to learn.

When I started my Palmetto thread, I was already well towards completing the layout, so too late to share the techniques I use. However, all I can say is that

anyone with reasonable skills can produce a creditable layout.

Good luck with your new project.

regards,

Mal

• 3 weeks later...

I went over your link but I couldn't seem to access your "7 day Layout" thing, I know i'm stupid so i'm asking for help.....

Glad you could make it here! Did you register as a Group member? I doesn't mean much except we can count who are fans of "USA & Canadian Railroads" on RMWeb.

Cheers, Pete.

Ian, Just checked, you did. Thanks!

I went over your link but I couldn't seem to access your "7 day Layout" thing, I know i'm stupid so i'm asking for help.....

Glad you could make it here! Did you register as a Group member? I doesn't mean much except we can count who are fans of "USA & Canadian Railroads" on RMWeb.

Cheers, Pete.

Ian, Just checked, you did. Thanks!

Thats weird Pete:

The link works for me from my computer, laptop and iPad...

Kick something that normally helps... rolleyes.gif

Ian

I'm part of the group behind RS Tower - a layout showcasing (mostly) mainline railroading in HO scale, it features a junction between two main lines located in a small town somewhere in the midwest, big trains (well, relatively anyhow!), a yard, a bit of street running, some industries....plenty to keep us busy. ;)

Image by Brian Moore of the layout at the Exeter show a couple of weeks ago:post-6762-0-95690800-1308060436_thumb.jpg

http://rstower.wordpress.com/ also has some video of that show...

The group also builds freemo style modules which are compatible with the RS Tower layout as seen in the video's above, and these can do shows on their own...

Photo's from both the layout and modules can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28702406@N06/sets/

You can see us at:

* Peco's 'Steam Spectacular' event in August with RS Tower and some modules running in transition era for the first time.

* Furness MRS show in Barrow-in-Furness in October - RS Tower on it's own in it's modern guise. Our most northerly show so far with RS tower!

* NMRA-BR convention at Bournmouth also in October - RS Tower on it's own again, less era-orientated (and even open for visiting trains!) but hopefully in a more hands-on environment for visitors...

Archived