What is your favourite North American based forum?

PhilM

• RMweb Gold

I visit a few usually found as a result of links posted on here, But none of them seem to be a patch on the allround greatness of RMWeb. But am I missing something?

One that does seem really useful is the diesel detailer

http://www.dieseldetailer.proboards.com/index.cgi if I ever get brave enough to get stuck in.

A quick look suggests the site is indeed laid out in a very RMWeb fashion. Much of the emphasis seems to be on hood units, switchers and rebuilds - which are the areas the RTR market is least likely to satisfy.

My first copy of Model Railroader (Dec '84?) included an article by a Bob Zenk on upgrading Athearn's then new-and state-of-the-art-for-plastic SD40T-2 Tunnel Motor. Sadly I suspect that some of the suppliers he used for his dozens of add-on bits and pieces have since left the market, having been usurped by the much better quality of RTR detailing since China became the manufacturing point.

I frequent numerous forums for different reasons

The Railroad Forum was the first I joined and, although quiet these days, I like the setup of the topic posting page, and there are several modelling friends who don't frequent other forums

Railroad-line Forum has some very skilled modellers who post their work regularly. Tom Johnson and Jim Six post there, amongst others.

Atlas Forum

- still the quickest way to get an answer to your question

Trainboard - this links in with Railimages, where I keep my online photos

There are others which I will mention later

Jon

Archived