My n Gauge S&C based layout 'Howe Gill'

blueeighties

Hi all. My layout was/is on the old forum but I havent got a clue how to transfer it here so thought I would start afresh. The layout is a roundy roundy, approx 14 foot long by approx 2.5 foot wide. My preference seems to be watching prototypical length trains romping through the countryside biggrin.gif

It's not all my own work, I purchased it already built, but in a very dilapidated condition. It's proved perfect, as I never had the time to build a layout from scratch. So far I have completely rebuilt the fiddle yard, repaired the main scenic board that had been sawn in half blink.gif re laid some track, re wired, and re built some scenery. Thats all took about 3-4 years so far. Currently everythings on hold due to us looking after our 4 month old daughter Poppy.

However now the initial shock has subsided, and I am starting to multitask, (ie not having a major panic attack every time she screams), a smidgeon of time is becoming available for my hobby again.

Enjoy the piccies.

Regards

Lee

Thank you. If you ever find yourself in Tyne And Wear give me a shout cool.gif

Regards

Lee

Lovely layout whether yours or not, whatever its condition before you've certainly got it looking great.

Would love a running session on there....

Hi Lee, Stunning layout, and love the 4 aspect signal, could you tell me who it is made by or is it a scratch build??

Cheers, Anthony

Im not 100% sure Anthony but it looks very simular to my Roger murry 4 aspect Ive just fitted on my layout

Good to see you??™ve made the transition. I remember your layout from the old forum; it was one I had book-marked to watch. Its good to have full length trains, one of the benefits of N gauge. Hopefully it something I will be able to achieve on my Sturminster layout

My new bub is only 4 weeks away, give or take. Hopefully I won??™t loose too much of my modelling time.

• RMweb Gold

Lee, looks like a really nice layout! You say the layout is 2.5ft wide, how wide is the front scenic section? There's plenty of depth there. I'm used to OO and trying to get a better sense of size for N gauge layouts at the moment.

Hi guys. To try and answer the questions... the signal is indeed by Roger Murray, they are excellent too. Very fine in appearance. The layout is approx 2.5' wide along its whole length.

Life is so crazy at the moment. The layout is currently housed in a purpose converted loft, but it looks as though we are about to go through a house move blink.gif I have always dreaded losing the loft, but, the new house has a garage which has already been, ahem, earmarked cool.gif

My modelling at the moment consists of watching instructional dvd's, I can't find the time for anything else. Once the nipper grows up a bit, the business is off the ground properly, and the new house is sorted, the modelling should begin again. Should be about 2030 going at this rate ohmy.gif

Regards

Lee

Lee, looks like a really nice layout! You say the layout is 2.5ft wide, how wide is the front scenic section? There's plenty of depth there. I'm used to OO and trying to get a better sense of size for N gauge layouts at the moment.

• 3 years later...

Archived