The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Important message for TalkTalk customers

shortliner

If you receive an email message from TalkTalk saying they are not able to process your payment DO NOT CLICK ON THE REPLY ADDRESS GIVEN - I have just checked and they believe it is a scam, and are investigating. It appears that a considerable number of their customers have been sent a copy. Please delete it without replying.

You can check with their customer services, using the number on the back of the bill

Best of all, don't even sign up with TalkTalk in the first place...

http://conversation.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ofcom-blasts-talktalk-for-billing-ex-customers/

This was exactly the problem I had with TalkTalk after a not-very-smooth change to another ISP early last year... if I hadn't cancelled the Direct Debit they'd still be billing me now - it took several letters, a phone call to the Debt Collection Agency they used to threaten me with legal action, and my threatening them with OFCOM in return, to eventually get a refund of the money I had overpaid in the first place.

I was on Tiscali - never a problem until the very day TalkTalk took them over. If I'm with any other ISP and TalkTalk take over - I shall be changing again PDQ!!

Woe betide any TalkTalk Sales Rep who makes the mistake of calling on me.... :angry:

Just my 2p-worth... /Rant Mode ;)

I've been with Talktalk for longer than I care to remember, despite the issues a lot of customers had at the beginning with their amazing offer we've never had an issue with the service ourselves.

Lets not turn this useful information thread into a rant.

I was on Tiscali - never a problem until the very day TalkTalk took them over.

Interesting. I spotted the Tiscali name on my ISP (Utilities Wraehouse ) documentation. Is it possible for one server to 'take over' another?

I put the frequent drops down to congestion on the phone lines. Seems better of late since MS started seriously updating my Winows 7.

I've been with Talktalk for longer than I care to remember, despite the issues a lot of customers had at the beginning with their amazing offer we've never had an issue with the service ourselves.

Lets not turn this useful information thread into a rant.

I find that sooooo condescending!

Anyone who put up with or had to sort out Talk Talk after Tiscali was taken over probably has every reason to rant. Talk Talk is by no means unique with its good offers, but it is perhaps unique in being mentioned several times in the TV programme 'Rip off Britian'.

Yes the OP has provided useful information. But scams are quite rife (well they are on my PC) and this is why we were given brains! If big business wants to contact me, write a letter!dry.gif

Why is this as you put it "sooooo condescending!"

All I was asking is rather than get into the usual cycle of doing something down we should just let Shortliner's message remain the topic as it might stop someone getting caught out by a scam and giving away personal information.

I don't disagree that for many people TalkTalk are a nightmare, but that isn't the topic today.

This was posted by Shortliner for the benefit of all that may be affected. It was not opened as an opportunity for folk to either rant about this company or any other nor was it an invitation to start a fight with others. So to prevent it descending further than it has already it will now be locked.

Archived