steve fay

Hello Steve,

could you use these to work the points?

http://www.technobotsonline.com/miga-nanomuscle.html

You may need two to work a point and add the switches as well though.

OzzyO.

Ozzy,

Are they worth the aggro at £10.44 ? When if you buy in bulk say 6 tortoise motors which works out about  £11.00 each and they have two built in switches per unit.

ATB,

Martyn.

post-5983-0-86989800-1416830837.jpg

The weathering begins around the sidings. The White blob is PVA I made an indentation and filled it with glue, once dry il give it a few coats of clear nail varnish. Next job is the weathering powders.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 5

You really know how to bring the scene alive Steve :)

Following with much interest as will be trying to use your techniques on my Kings Cross stabling point layout.

That one would definitely interest me too.

Steve,

I'm BR blue and model in that odd scale of 7. My main stock is Heljan RTR that I've reprofiled the wheels on. It's an easy conversion.

I'm after blue 47's to add to the collection, and a blue 40. I have 31's, 37's, 47's, 55's and Bachmann 03, 08 and a class101. The 08 is currently being converted to s7 but the 03 and 101 are already done.

I've got some big train coaches to convert to mark 2's aka cut and shut when I get the time. I'm also after some mark 1's.

I'm thinking that it can run a small amount of freight, parcels, motorrail, possibly a crane outfit and even some underground stock.

Primarily it will be a photo plank that I can play trains on.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Great, I'm thinking of similar. I wondering how to design the perspective to get the look and feel of the location.

What scale are you modelling in?

Hi

4 mm 00 guage. I am still drawing the point work. I have ran into a problem, my plan is based on a 1/2500 OS map. I have a copy of the same plan as you and the track work is not in the same place on the two plans. Do I restart using the BR plan? Not to worry as it is way down the list of projects to do. I have two layouts under construction and Tinsley servicing shed is is in front of Bottom Shed in the line of layouts to build one day.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

In 2mm i used some 1/32nd ply for sleepers and cut my own. Ply that thin cuts easy. I am wondering if I could use that in the yard in 7mm where the sleepers tend to be burried.

Don

• Like 1