RMweb

steve fay

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Just had a read through, very impressive.

You have a rather nice collection of Collett 4-6-0's there, but I do notice a Maybech engined treat sitting just behind too.

I don't think I could get away with a Hymek on mine though.

Jinty ;-)

• Like 1

It's his tamping machine, just tap the rail head with it and the ballast goes down, OK you can end up with some dings in the track but that's why his locos have compensation!!!!!!!!

OzzyO   

• Like 2

A bit more track laid yesterday and now I've run out of Chairs again!! I've been looking at my plans and I'm going to have a go at building the two points just to the right of the three turn table roads.

I can get on with cutting all the sleepers ready whilst I wait for the chairs, slide chairs and Off the Rails GWR slab & bracket chairs to arrive.

Got to start sometime so might as well be now!!

Right where's my hammer ??

post-5983-0-09332400-1432029563.jpg

• Like 10

It's his tamping machine, just tap the rail head with it and the ballast goes down, OK you can end up with some dings in the track but that's why his locos have compensation!!!!!!!!

OzzyO   

Not only that, but you can use the other end to lift the track - so tamping both ways!

"Off the Rails GWR slab & bracket chairs to arrive."

And where pray do you find these? I've looked but can only find North Eastern Bracket chairs!!

Also I was going to have a punt at some sleepers from that Intentio in your signature, but couldn't add them to my basket????

All help gratefully received

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman

"Off the Rails GWR slab & bracket chairs to arrive."

And where pray do you find these? I've looked but can only find North Eastern Bracket chairs!!

Also I was going to have a punt at some sleepers from that Intentio in your signature, but couldn't add them to my basket????

All help gratefully received

Jinty ;)

Il get Phil at Intentio on the case for you,

• Like 1

Before you start, check the buffer centres. You may well find them too close together - a problem with several JLTRT wagon kits.

Dave

Edited by daifly

Oi, what's happened to the p/way gang? The strikes been called off, so best get back to some track laying  ;)  :imsohappy:  .

Martyn.

PS     Sorry for the emocons, just that I know it pisses certain folk off  :whistle: .

• Like 3