RMweb

steve fay

The wagon looks good Steve, the multi media nature of his kits do lend themselves to a quick construction.

Just out of inquisitiveness, how were the buffer centres?

According to the guy at JLTRT, my Fruit D must have been an old one off the shelf, as they've supposed to of resolved the problem now.

I must say your track laying is looking rather good, are they the Intentio sleepers?

Jinty ;-)

• Like 1

They are intentio sleepers. As for the wagon I did open the holes up as they were on the narrow side. It's not a big job so certainly wouldn't put me off. LMS van next then onto a Fruit D & a Bloater.

• Like 1

No it didn't put me off on the Fruit D either, although I'm hoping that it's put right..

I quite fancy some of the BR vans, I think I'll plunge for a couple next week, 4F started first.

Thanks

Jinty ;-)

• Like 1

They are intentio sleepers. As for the wagon I did open the holes up as they were on the narrow side. It's not a big job so certainly wouldn't put me off. LMS van next then onto a Fruit D & a Bloater.

What annoys me Steve is that JLTRT will NOT admit that many of the vans buffers are too close together.  Not a problem I guess if you only run them with other JLTRT vans but most people mix and match.  They should include a warning notice in the kits that the buffer holes need widening otherwise if you make the kit without doing it it's too late to change.

Such a shame because in general JLTRT kits look good but there always seems to be a problem or two which they know about but don't let their customers know.

What annoys me Steve is that JLTRT will NOT admit that many of the vans buffers are too close together.  Not a problem I guess if you only run them with other JLTRT vans but most people mix and match.  They should include a warning notice in the kits that the buffer holes need widening otherwise if you make the kit without doing it it's too late to change.

Such a shame because in general JLTRT kits look good but there always seems to be a problem or two which they know about but don't let their customers know.

NLTRT then.

I'm pretty sure JLTRT have acknowledged there was an issue and on all newer kits it's been rectified.

That aside they do make into lovely kits and are very easy to assemble.

As for putting a disclaimer in the kit. I think they would probably be the first ever to do this. There's a lot of kits out there that have huge flaws but I'm sure they don't tell you that in the box.

I'm pretty sure JLTRT have acknowledged there was an issue and on all newer kits it's been rectified.

That aside they do make into lovely kits and are very easy to assemble.

As for putting a disclaimer in the kit. I think they would probably be the first ever to do this. There's a lot of kits out there that have huge flaws but I'm sure they don't tell you that in the box.

I spoke to the gentleman at JLTRT last week and I brought up the issue with the buffers with him. He assured me that they'd rectified the problem and that I must of had an earlier example. I will be ordering another Fruit D soon, and I will specifically requesting a re-tooled variant.

I will report back when I get it.

The buffer issue aside, the kit is an excellent kit, and a 'nice' introduction into multi media kit building for me!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

The Fruit D I bought at Telford a few years ago is fine.

They're nice to build and have plenty of weight to them.

All the other JLTRT wagons I have are also easy to build and have excellent detail on them.

I thought some one would have said something by now !!!!!!

A 56 tank for Ranelagh Bridge?? I guess no one took a close enough view of my latest plates.

post-5983-0-97743700-1432991106_thumb.jpg

Any way here's the prototype at the end of the platforms at Paddington, one of two allocated to Southall for a period in the mid 50's. Adds another Welsh connection to the layout.

• Like 7

I spotted the 66xx plates, but my ignorance of lots of things Western, made me not realise the significance of it all!!!

I love 56xx/66xx locos, such purposeful locomotives, I've got to sneak on onto Talyllyn when no one is looking!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I spotted the 66xx plates, but my ignorance of lots of things Western, made me not realise the significance of it all!!!

I love 56xx/66xx locos, such purposeful locomotives, I've got to sneak on onto Talyllyn when no one is looking!!

Jinty ;)

Well you are in the right country for a start.  5609 ended it days at Merthyr see here for allocations http://www.greatwestern.org.uk/062_5600det.htm

Don

• Like 1

Really looking forward to the JLTRT Prestwin, it will be my first JLTRT wagon.

There is a nice pic of 1200 "Falcon" at Newport, on Flickr,  and the first wagon behind the loco is a Prestwin.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidhayes/5416161515/

Great picture, Newport were I did most of my spotting in the early 90's and my dad spent a lot of his time in the early 60's

Now if I had a Barn this would be my project!

Not a lot going on at the moment I'm Afraid although my MOK 9F kit is nearly paid up. I should have a few CAD images of the 94 kit from Jltrt to share with you and Dave is working away on the 15xx slowly, More Bits have arrived for Mallard and once two more back ordered issues arrive Im all up to date.

Oh and not forgetting Jon is about to make a start on the Signal Gantry and it's going to be a stunning bit of engineering. You can see updates on his thread

• Like 2

Not a lot going on at the moment I'm Afraid although my MOK 9F kit is nearly paid up.

I like the look of the Modern outline kits, they look to be worked out really well.

I think you've got enough going on by the sounds of it!!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 1

Thank you all very much.

I have a Prolapsed disc that's trapping the Sciatic nerve which has been causing me constant pain for nearly 3 years. Hopefully this will help it out. As the disc in question along with two others are effectively Knackered the recovery time is about 6 weeks with the first 3 in Bed!! As there's a high risk of it popping out again.

I shall have my phone / iPad with me as il be in hospital for a few days so il let you know once I'm feeling normal again